Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March Model 3 Unveil just drawings? No actual car? Disappointed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is pretty vague:

It's only vague if a person wants to hear something other than want was said. Here are the very specific facts:

1) The Model 3 is on time
2) Everyone is going to learn more about it (Model 3) at the end of March
3) That's when (at the end of March) they (Tesla) are committed to talking about it (Model 3)
4) At that time (end of March when Tesla are committed to talking about the Model 3) there will be a really great update
5) That's what (2-4) they (Tesla) are going to do

So yeah, not vague at all.

This is what vague would sound like: Well, the Model 3 might be a bit late but maybe not. We haven't decided on a firm schedule for it. Probably we'll talk about it at the end of March or beginning of April, or in December. At that time we're thinking about talking about it, but we might not depending on the weather. We're also thinking about talking about a really great update, but we aren't sure it'll be ready to be discussed. We'll have to wait and see how much progress the engineers make in the meantime.

Last edited:
If you think 2-4 are specific we have a different interpretation of the word. They may be just playing with the media, but they are well aware that people have been expecting to see an actual vehicle, and they are well aware that there is speculation that a vehicle may not be shown. She could have cleared that up, yet she did not, and she carefully chose words that avoided clearing it up.

Well this is pretty vague:

No, I don't think so. At the unveiling they will show us the car (prototype) and talk about it. Until then they have a hard time to try not to unintentionally gives any leeks, so this is just as vague that they need to be (to still hold on to their jobs). Yes, she could choose to say "see", but what the point? We know that we will see the prototype then...

If you think 2-4 are specific we have a different interpretation of the word. They may be just playing with the media, but they are well aware that people have been expecting to see an actual vehicle, and they are well aware that there is speculation that a vehicle may not be shown. She could have cleared that up, yet she did not, and she carefully chose words that avoided clearing it up.

I defined vague in my post by giving an example of what the statement would look like if vague.

Of course Tesla is playing and they are also keeping true to their word of 'keeping their cards closer to their chest'. Not sure how long it's going to take people to understand that even though it's been quite some time (over a year?) since Elon straight up told everyone that loose lips sink ships at Tesla.

I think Tesla is being secretive about the event just to control information. Basically all they officially let out is that there will be an unveiling event at end of March and that is about it. They aren't going to say anything other than that.

I don't think we will actually see "the car" (as in the production version), but rather prototypes (as in previous first unveiling).

It amazes me that so many of you are certain that Elon Musk has hired Pinocchio as legal counsel.
170cbe8da9b8e5ba7612984639fb7840.jpg

No, he didn't. He said they didn't want to show all their cards yet, ahead of the event.
+1 Elon has not said they won't show a concept car (clay or driveable like the MX).

They aren't sure how much to show, but that doesn't necessarily mean picture vs physical. I believe they are unsure of what features or cutting edge ideas to unveil so soon. I doubt they will have an event to just show a picture.

Didn't some of the Referral Program winners get invitations to the M3 event? It has to be more exciting than a picture.

There will be a prototype there but they still have to decide which features they will reveal. I'm sure many are still under development and they don't know yet which can be incorporated before they have to finalize the design.