Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe the elite have done a good job over the last 40-50 years?

Look at the populist uprisings all over the world. There is a common theme out there and it isn't because of Trump. Trump is just a symptom of a larger problem.
Neoliberalism has crushed a lot of communities which demagogues and frauds are taking advantage of. It’s extremely easy to appeal to the base instinct- and now that the traditional media gate keepers are gone because of social media, the frauds have taken over.

Reactions: Norbert
And Obama is doing his best to move them back to the right.
I can’t wait for the day when the Clintons, Bushes and Obama’s are sent to the trash bin of history where they belong.

My Twitter feed was lit with absolutely livid Dem activists who worked very hard to get Obama elected.

Obama 2008 : Yes we can (net worth 1M)
Obama 2019 : No you can’t (net worth 50M)

Reactions: dmunjal
My wife and I walked over to the adjacent cove, last evening, from Napili Shores where we must depart Wednesday morning ~ back to Grapeview.

I am saddened that Elon chose my sister’s birthday the unveil the CyberTruck. Turned seventy on the 15th. My wife turned seventy three months ago, and I keep thinking I am catching up to her; but then she pulls out the math stuff and I shut up.

We see on average five or six Tesla’s a day when we drive somewhere here on Maui. There are no superchargers, and destination chargers are not centrally located. When picking up our rental; I asked when the company would start providing Model 3s. After his response, and as we were driving out onto the highway; my wife let me know that the kid handing me the keys had no clue what I was talking about:-(

Today, yep today (3:30 am +/-) LTC Vindman will testify on Capital Hill. The officer has a real pair of socks in my opinion. The human has a fine line to walk between serving a President and defending the Constitution. All soldiers sign a contract to defend the Constitution against foreign and domestic enemies ~ period. FYI ~ guys driving around with two tennis balls attached to the toeing bar of a pickup are actually publicly professing they are lacking and are in desperate need of a pair.

trump economically professed his disloyalty to the Constitution by paying a doctor to lie about a bone spur.

Democracy is like the shoreline that has noticeably disappeared over the last five years since we were here last. My wife thinks a palm tree fell during our time away ~ sadly.

If LTC Vindman stands tall and ridged for the Constitution, then I can no longer profess that I am the last surviving US Army Officer. Democracy is a delicate flower that cannot take too much heat or cold. It can only survive if the roots are not undermined or washed away.

I have had to deal with too much stress in my life; probably really no more than you. Anger is one of the stages we must deal with as we recover from losses in our lives. Like the loss of our military career, loss of Religion, loss of a son, loss of democracy and the list goes on. Anger is like quicksand; you really have to want to live to survive and eventually breath a breath of fresh air; if you want to get out alive.

I want Bernie and Warren on the same ticket. Bernie to start kicking the doors down and Warren to provide the long-term leadership to turn this ship around.

Now 0412, gotta go to sleep. In case you were worried: I was born outside the box; and told to stay the hell out:) Try to have a good day ~ I will too:)

You don't believe that Obama has an influence on the 2020 primary? He can easily play kingmaker and I doubt he'll choose Bernie.
He is already doing it behind the scenes. That is what is so damning about Biden - Obama and his staffers are not supporting him. But Kamala, Beto and Booker have flopped. Now he is floating Deval Patrick.

I doubt Obama will endorse anyone in public - atleast not until the field is clear.

You don't believe that Obama has an influence on the 2020 primary? He can easily play kingmaker and I doubt he'll choose Bernie.
Irrelevant. We were talking about Sanders, his position, his influence, and his career. Instead of you simply admitting that Sanders has been consistent and principled over his entire career you brought up Obama. Whataboutism.

Status
Not open for further replies.