Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant. We were talking about Sanders, his position, his influence, and his career. Instead of you simply admitting that Sanders has been consistent and principled over his entire career you brought up Obama. Whataboutism.

I will say that Sanders has had an enormous influence on policy during the last two campaigns. I would vote for him over Trump.

But what good would it do if neoliberals like Obama do everything in their power to prevent his nomination?

They've done it once before successfully I might add.

Obama is very relevant.

Side note:
The Unnameable

The terms "quid pro quo", "bribery", and "extortion" seem to fail like an attempt of oil to mingle with water.
If we need another word, perhaps "conditionality"? Or will any word fail in a similar manner?
Is it just something in the mind of Mister Sondland, or does it exist in the physical world?
Or just in the imagination of those thinking that 63 million voters could be wrong about the law abiding nature of T?
Are the likeness of the minds of Trump, Guiliani, Mulvaney and Sondland just a coincidence, or the result of communication by inspiration, innocently each in their own world?

If we just knew the answers to these deepest of deep questions...

• Funny
Reactions: Johan
I will say that Sanders has had an enormous influence on policy during the last two campaigns. I would vote for him over Trump.
That's good to hear.
But what good would it do if neoliberals like Obama do everything in their power to prevent his nomination?

They've done it once before successfully I might add.

Obama is very relevant.
I agree that the corporate Dems are a threat as always, my point was Obama was not relevant to the specific discussion we were having about Sanders and his accomplishments. I like to stay focused on a topic to avoid muddying the waters.

Stepping out on a limb for you to saw (see) at will, public opinion polling is more accurate than stock price analysis. To illustrate: here is the latest on the public's sympathy for impeachment. I'm not an Americanist nor educated broadly about this kind of political science (well schooled only in history of political thought), but the methodology used here by Fivethirtyeight's crew is more interesting than the poll content which is about what you would expect.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/most-americans-think-trump-committed-an-impeachable-offense/

As the House deliberates one may eventually see market reaction short term.

Oh noes! Orange hair did exactly what Biden did as VP!!!

they’re all corrupt stop pretending one side is holier than the other.

it’s not what Trump did to Ukraine that has me concerned. It’s what Trump has done since with wanting to reveal the whistleblower, harassing witnesses and putting peoples lives at risk by doing so. This to me is MUCH worse than the Ukraine situation.

But it’s good to know the republicans would be totally fine with all of this under a democratic president. /s

Absolutely NO ONE should be okay with this under any party.

Last edited:
it’s not what Trump did to Ukraine that has me concerned. It’s what Trump has done since with wanting to reveal the whistleblower, harassing witnesses and putting peoples lives at risk by doing so. This to me is MUCH worse than the Ukraine situation.

But it’s good to know the republicans would be totally fine with all of this under a democratic president. /s

again, I could spew all kinds of misdeeds by the democrats as well. Both sides are corrupt, with a few who genuinely want to do well for their constituents.

After today's testimony by our E.U. ambassador who is the source for Trump's assurance of "No quid pro quo" that on reflection there was a "quid pro quo" and implicating many who believe it, some or all of the principal players should testify. I don't expect that to happen but Rudy Giuliani seems to be key and should testify against Trump because he was implementor in chief for our wannabe King. One can't count on it, but it's possible our prez is so cut off from reality he might throw his "lawyer" to the wolves. He's done equally stupid things before but also has a deep seated suicidal urge to tell the truth, nearly, from time to time. Might persuade the Trumpsters to jump overboard.

Observer bias admitted.

Last edited:
One (of the many) things about what's going on that seems crazy to me, is it seems like Trump is ready and willing to throw anybody and everybody to the wolves / under the bus. It's not new. You'd think at some point that people that find themselves in Trump's orbit would realize that they're disposable and that maybe they don't want to be in his orbit.

After today's testimony by our E.U. ambassador who is the source for Trump's assurance of "No quid pro quo" that on reflection there was a "quid pro quo" and implicating many who believe it, some or all of the principal players should testify.[...]

BTW, T's statement of "I want nothing", "No quid pro quo" came on Sept 9th, apparently when the White House was already informed of the whistle blower complaint, and the same day a congressional inquiry started.

That means Sept 9th it was already game over, and 2 days later the military aid was released. So I don't see why republican intelligence committee members claim that to be exonerating in the first place. It does sound good on TV though.

Reactions: Potpourri
Status
Not open for further replies.