Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"you have the right to remain silent. . . " I was introduced to that statement back in 1968 I believe. And, and you should have heard the outcry of those that would rather shoot first, and ask questions later. I failed my first test. One of my lieutenants was arrested for shoplifting. I was called early Sunday morning to go see him in the local Lawton jail. As I sat near him and he talked about what happened, I failed to stop him and read him his rights. My bad.

I called the battalion commander and filled him in on what had happened and the need to relieve the officer of his duties. Monday morning, I was called into the battalion commander's office and he read me my rights. Not a career building feeling as a first lieutenant, but I learned my lesson.

Hard to explain why, but he was my lieutenant no matter how bad he was in terms as his poor judgement/morals. Because we were nuc capable, his days were limited and they found a way to discharge him. He was a Rice U graduate.

Their idea might be similar to this guy's:
Mike Hughes (daredevil) - Wikipedia

Struggle with funding, find some out-there group that's not quite right in the head and profess to be of same mind.
Profit.

Though it seems oneself has to already be somewhere out there to make that work.

It's easiest enough to get on the ballot in this state there are usually some entertaining candidates for major offices. It makes it worthwhile to read the voter's pamphlet. It seems like there are more candidates than usual for the primary this year.

Heat and humidity, maybe COVID will suddenly disappear next week. :)

Unfortunately it might lead to an outbreak. Many of the worst hit areas in the country right now have been those that got hot first. The PNW is having a mild summer. It just cracked 80 this last week for the first time (82F right now).

Things are so stupid now, so much materials for the comedy shows!

Though reality has become so bizarre it's hard to distinguish comedy from reality sometimes. I had to look up that Trump Goya bean thing to make sure it was real.

From the Twitter account of a Portland area history professor who went to look at the "chaos" first hand in downtown Portland today.

Thread by @SethCotlar: A couple hundred folks gather to protest federal troops in Portland. City Councilor Joanne Hardesty speaking. The crowd has grown. I haven’t…

The Oregon AG is going after the feds on this
Rosenbaumvjohndoes

FIRST CLAIM FOR RELIEF
(Violation of First Amendment rights, against all defendants)

SECOND CLAIM FOR RELIEF
(Violation of citizens' Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights, against all defendants)

THIRD CLAIM FOR RELIEF
(Declaration of rights pursuant to 28 USC 2201, against all defendants)

FOURTH CLAIM FOR RELIEF
(Public nuisance, against all defendants)

28 USC 2201 is just a claim for remedy, ie asking the court to give the state relief.

unmarked federal thugs attack a guy just standing there.

https://twitter.com/PDXzane/status/1284726088187310080

who are the bad guys here? its pretty obvious to anyone with any sense or understanding of what freedom and civil rights are.

trumps goons are for political theater. but they are beating unarmed americans who are peacefully protesting.

there has always been the question: would american troops actually raise guns and legal force against their own people, simply given a command from above, even if it seems, at all levels, wrong. would americans fight their own people for civil reasons? there was always a split; those who thought 'nah! never!' and those that thought it would be no problem for 'order following' americans to take up arms against their own people.

we now see the answer to that age-old question. the dumbest of us are easily led, we'll HAPPILY fight against our own kind. we 'follow orders' just like the nazis did (yes, I godwined myself here). in this case, 'just following orders' puts us against us at the control of a madman.

the police carry military weapons and they are easily controlled by whoever is at the top. the guy at the top is an extreme far right terrorist and this is what we are seeing. now, right-wingers out there - suppose that the guy at the top, next time around, is an extreme left-winger (there is no such thing, but lets assume there is, for now). and suppose that guy goes crazy and orders the thugs in blue to do something YOU don't like. we already have seen they will follow orders and attack their own people. so you can't just fallback and think that they'll follow reason and decide not to attack. of course they'll do as told. THAT'S WHAT WE BUILT.

do you want that level of power from a president? the current one is abhorrent to the left, but suppose the next one or the one after that - is someone who pushes views you simply cannot stand. and you protest. and you are shot or kidnapped by that current leader's goons.

this is why we have to stop this. you have to realize that the leadership changes all the time - and when we give this kind of power to the police, they WILL use it and if the current 'guy in charge' is not on your side, you'll not be a happy camper.

no one should have this level of military power and no one should ever be allowed to use it for personal gain, like the current clown-in-charge is doing. we need a change in laws more than we need a change in personnel. we do need both, the changing how we work and operate is so much more important. we have drifted too far away from the free society that we were supposed to be. its not too late to change back, and given all the protests in the streets, its clear the next generation does want change. that's the only thing that gives me hope, from all of this.

The New York Times got a hold of a memo circulated within DHS about training concerns with improper training of the people being sent to Portland
Federal Officers Deployed in Portland Didn’t Have Proper Training, D.H.S. Memo Said

The law being invoked by the Trump administration
40 U.S. Code § 1315 - Law enforcement authority of Secretary of Homeland Security for protection of public property

They are going to get thumped for section (c) (1)
The Secretary, in consultation with the Administrator of General Services, may prescribe regulations necessary for the protection and administration of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property. The regulations may include reasonable penalties, within the limits prescribed in paragraph (2), for violations of the regulations. The regulations shall be posted and remain posted in a conspicuous place on the property.

The Secretary of Homeland Security has the power to create regulations on the fly, but they must be posted conspicuously, ie where anyone who might be popped for being in violation of these regulations, but anyone who might be in violation need to be properly notified.

They are also in trouble with section (e)
(e) Authority Outside Federal Property.—
For the protection of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property, the Secretary may enter into agreements with Federal agencies and with State and local governments to obtain authority for officers and agents designated under this section to enforce Federal laws and State and local laws concurrently with other Federal law enforcement officers and with State and local law enforcement officers.

They made no attempt to coordinate with local and state police. The local and state police don't even know who these guys are.

The Oregon state AG said people would be completely justified shooting any of these guys under state law if they do not identify themselves.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and HG Wells
This may become a big story. The husband and son of the federal judge on the Deutche Bank trial were shot at her front door by an assailant who ran off.
New Jersey federal judge's son killed, husband critical after being shot at home

Bias post much? Trying to insinuate that Trump might have had a hand it this?

This judge ALSO had cases involving:
1) Teresa and Joe Giudice - "Real Housewives of NJ" stars with known mob connections
2) Crips gang member
3) She has specifically called out Deutsche Bank for making false statements about failing to monitor accounts like Jeffrey Epstein's for money laundering.

You picked #3 on the list to emphasize when #1 has the highest likelihood of being true, given the long history of the mob going after judges.

I think you meant to say "rational discussion". Even rabid conservatives can see how this administration has failed and are actively helping to campaign against it. Everyone but the blind can see the clown prince has no clothes.

You keep trying to move the conversation over to Trump. I wasn't talking about him, except to refute that this story and the murder was most likely NOT related to him, and most likely was a sanctioned mob hit.

You've seen my posts about his mis-handling of COVID-19. I'm certainly not a Trump apologist.

• Funny
Reactions: NikolaACDC
This thread is nothing but one big liberal circle jerk.

I disagree, BUT, what were you expecting? This isn't the DodgePowerwagonmotorsclub political section. Perhaps the CorvetteForum would work better? I had to suffer there as a one in a thousand liberal for decades. lol

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 10.28.25 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: NikolaACDC
Status
Not open for further replies.