Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the going to blame the Feds and lack of procedure for what's going on in Chicago as well? This is local police.

Chicago police release video showing confrontation near Grant Park Columbus statue protest

Any sane person can tell this is no longer about peaceful protests but about creating chaos.

There is no excuse for this behavior in Portland, Chicago, or any city in the US. Yet you keep finding excuses for them.

The overwhelming percentage of protests have been peaceful with no destruction of property. A few people, who we don't know what their political motivations were have caused destruction of property. Looting is not right, nor is vandalism.

I know from people who were actually in Seattle protesting the WHO in the 90s that they witnessed people who were not part of their group show up, break windows or do some other vandalism and then run off.

I do believe that some of the people who are causing trouble may be politically liberal people who want to just tear down everything. But I am also almost certain that some of the people participating in the violence are opportunists who have no political motives here and some may be people like the proud boys who want to give the otherwise peaceful protesters a bad name.

Some of the people involved are also mentally ill. Jacob Michael Gaines who was arrested July 11 for assaulting a federal marshal is a recent homeless transplant to Portland with a history of mental illness.

We already have a video that has been making the rounds by a known fraudster (James O'Keefe) about Portland Antifa that has been proven to be fake.

I have heard from people who have been at the protests in Portland. The vast majority were like the one I posted about the other day. They are peaceful with no violence and no vandalism. From what I've heard this is the way the majority of protests go.

It's an unequal battle, you have to use the weapons available. If the feds are comfortable taking innocent people off the street in violation of their rights they better be prepared for retaliation.

There is NO CIRCUMSTANCE that I can think of that doxing is fair. It's also not legal in just about every state:
https://securityboulevard.com/2019/08/what-you-need-to-know-about-doxxing-and-how-to-prevent-it/#:~:text=Doxxing is totally unethical and,prosecuting these types of crimes.

I do know if I were doxed and able to find who did it, I would sue them so hard that they would be paying for it for the rest of their lives.

It's an unequal battle, you have to use the weapons available. If the feds are comfortable taking innocent people off the street in violation of their rights they better be prepared for retaliation.

Seems like a pretty obvious response is available - local / state police start arresting the kidnappers. Of course, like any other kidnapper, you need to find them and capture them before they can be put in jail, arraigned, etc.. from there.

Reactions: linux-works

I'll defend it ONLY because the state is a terrorist organization (in this circumstance) and they are not even trying to play by the rules.

mitts are off.

we (the people) didn't ask for this unlawful invasion of so-called federal troops. ALL the local officials are on record saying they want them OUT and they are there WITHOUT PERMISSION.

so, force makes right? just because trump is pissed off and wants to show his base how powerful he is? we're supposed to just take that lying down?

what tools do we have? essentially none. and they use increasingly harsher tools, with no end in sight to their level of escalation.

I don't approve of doxing, but I understand wanting an invading force OUT and if this is what it takes, FINE. FINE FINE FINE.

war is hell. war on your own people, yeah, you want to do that - you'll see that its not all one-sided.

maybe getting burned will make a few think twice about raising arms AGAINST YOUR OWN PEOPLE.

this is heavy duty and not at all a normal thing. I'm seeing the US invade itself for 100% political reasons.

you bet we reject that. we reject it with everything we got.

"dont want nothing? dont bring nothing." its that simple. the feds can go back to the hole they crawled out from, at any point in time. and if they don't, well, they get what they get. no tears for them at all if they persist on attacking fellow americans.

I'll defend it ONLY because the state is a terrorist organization (in this circumstance) and they are not even trying to play by the rules.

mitts are off.

we (the people) didn't ask for this unlawful invasion of so-called federal troops. ALL the local officials are on record saying they want them OUT and they are there WITHOUT PERMISSION.

so, force makes right? just because trump is pissed off and wants to show his base how powerful he is? we're supposed to just take that lying down?

what tools do we have? essentially none. and they use increasingly harsher tools, with no end in sight to their level of escalation.

I don't approve of doxing, but I understand wanting an invading force OUT and if this is what it takes, FINE. FINE FINE FINE.

war is hell. war on your own people, yeah, you want to do that - you'll see that its not all one-sided.

maybe getting burned will make a few think twice about raising arms AGAINST YOUR OWN PEOPLE.

this is heavy duty and not at all a normal thing. I'm seeing the US invade itself for 100% political reasons.

you bet we reject that. we reject it with everything we got.

"dont want nothing? dont bring nothing." its that simple. the feds can go back to the hole they crawled out from, at any point in time. and if they don't, well, they get what they get. no tears for them at all if they persist on attacking fellow americans.

What a load of crap. You dox someone, you should go to PRISON for it.

Let me tell you a true, and personal story.
I will NEVER forget when I was a kid and some strangers came up to our house (this was in the 80s and very unusual for where we lived - we knew all our neighbors well). They knocked on the door, went around the back looking into windows, and started to break in our house until my dad came home from patrol that day, and then they ran into the woods. A 911 call made by my mom already had the authorities on the way, and an update from my dad started a legit man-hunt.

They were captured. Turned out, they were robbery criminals that my father had testified against (as the responding officer), recently released from prison, and they had managed to get his home address and were looking for revenge. Fortunately they were captured, and went BACK to prison for this incident. We moved a short time later. Everyone in my family also learned to handle a firearm after that.

No, doxing literally puts the lives of officers and their families in danger. It is not legal, and should NEVER be legal.

Furthermore, the doxing that has happened in the past, per an article I read today and linked above, was the EXACT reason that the officers did not have their nameplates on or identify themselves personally.

Nope, the crazies that doxed people caused this, and this is a natural progression of those prior doxings (no longer identifying themselves). If you want to be mad at someone, you can be made at those people that started doxing, as it is the reason these officers are not identifying themselves now.

What, you didn't think it would escalate? You think doxing people won't cause them to change their behavior?

What a load of crap. You dox someone, you should go to PRISON for it.

lets expand this.

a SOLDIER who normally is not called to fight americans - is being told to do a job he's not qualified to do, but 'just follows orders' and does it anyway. the 'just following orders' excuse LONG since has been considered a BS excuse. if someone asks you to do something you know is unlawful, you can say no. those guys didn't say no. strike one against them.

they HIDE by not disclosing their names. cops have to disclose their names.

I don't have to explain that to you. you're smart enough to know that.

but you have family in the force and that makes you unable to comment objectively, here. at least admit that. whatever you saw growing up is only ONE side and a very filtered side. be honest about that.

lets expand this.

a SOLDIER who normally is not called to fight americans - is being told to do a job he's not qualified to do, but 'just follows orders' and does it anyway. the 'just following orders' excuse LONG since has been considered a BS excuse. if someone asks you to do something you know is unlawful, you can say no. those guys didn't say no. strike one against them.

they HIDE by not disclosing their names. cops have to disclose their names.

I don't have to explain that to you. you're smart enough to know that.

but you have family in the force and that makes you unable to comment objectively, here. at least admit that. whatever you saw growing up is only ONE side and a very filtered side. be honest about that.

Law is the law - doxing is illegal. Period.

Don't like it, either move to another country to get enough votes to change it.

@9837264723849 - what do you "disagree" with? The law? That my family was ambushed by people that had hunted down the person that testified against them?

Inquiring minds want to know what could POSSIBLY justify a "disagree".

for every rare case of revenge against a cop, I would guess its 10x or 100x or more - of cop abuse that went unchecked against citizens.

this is NOISE LEVEL, dude. its such a low number that it never gets brought up, and we can all believe that with the cop-friendly media they'd bring this up at every occasion.

what happens is that cops can end your life, ruin your life and get away with it. THAT is the common occurance and its why the citizens are in the street, protesting.

the state escalates and sends in some kind of unmarked but heavily armed force. they hide their names, refuse to ID themselves and act surprised when the locals do what they need to, to push back?

no surprise. no surprise. you're the surprise.

(lol)

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke

votes don't work, THAT'S WHY PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING.

if you thought ticking a voting box helped, LOL! double lol

system is broken. that's why there are protests.

damn. you are thick, today. or, rather, stubborn.

federal troups are here illegally.

where is your 'law and order' when it comes to that?

they are there ILLEGALLY. it will be fought out in the courts, but not a single local governor, mayor (etc) wants them there.

how is that legal?

this is also about ethics, and that goes way beyond 'legal'.

these are big issues. and stubborn minds need more force in order to change them. or to swat them down so that they shut the hell up.

the right has been doing that too long. time to even the tactics.

don't want nothing? don't bring nothing. again, I say that - and again, the other side will stare, blink, act like I'm talking martian.

lather, rinse, repeat.

for every rare case of revenge against a cop, I would guess its 10x or 100x or more - of cop abuse that went unchecked against citizens.

this is NOISE LEVEL, dude. its such a low number that it never gets brought up, and we can all believe that with the cop-friendly media they'd bring this up at every occasion.

what happens is that cops can end your life, ruin your life and get away with it. THAT is the common occurance and its why the citizens are in the street, protesting.

the state escalates and sends in some kind of unmarked but heavily armed force. they hide their names, refuse to ID themselves and act surprised when the locals do what they need to, to push back?

no surprise. no surprise. you're the surprise.

(lol)

If you are going to make that assertion, PROVE it. I don't agree with it.

I've seen my dad called a racist EVERY time he was ever on the stand, every time he ever went on patrol, etc.

There has always been a TON of anti-cop hatred out there. It's amazing that more cops don't let it get to them and do things they should not do (which I am NOT supporting), but you don't get to just make a BLANKET statement that violence against cops is nothing compared to what cops do without putting up the proof.

So, do you have PROOF? Not supposition, not anecdotal accounts, but PROOF?

Reactions: ReddykwRun
federal troups are here illegally.

Actually, per the law, federal troops are 100% allowed to defend federal property. Look it up.

EDIT - I'm referring to the Federal Courthouse in Portland, which has been the subject of repeated vandalism, and attempts to burn it down on more than one occasion.

If you actually dig into the DETAILS (devilish little things), that has been where federal troops were stationed and the vast majority of their activities.

Reactions: ReddykwRun

Contrary to popular belief, there is no right to privacy in US compared to civilized (Christian inspired) European countries. There are problems with it. Most spectacularly exemplified by a psychiatrist's inability to notify authorities an airline copilot had suicidal tendencies. Subsequently, while pilot absent from cockpit, he locked the door and crashed the plane.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no right to privacy in US compared to civilized (Christian inspired) European countries. There are problems with it. Most spectacularly exemplified by a psychiatrist's inability to notify authorities an airline copilot had suicidal tendencies. Subsequently, while pilot absent from cockpit, he locked the door and crashed the plane.

Most legal experts disagree with you:
Is Doxing Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.