Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marshmello smile on Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the white of the Tesla Model 3 the best of the many luxury brands that have white car. Something different about it, it's not a boring white, it's a soft cloud type white. And to me, the the closest thing I can think of is the whiteness of Marshmello's helmet and his overall design.

I want to put this Marshmello smile on the front hood of my white Tesla Model 3. So that way, I can keep the original white paint of the car, but then get custom shop to design the eyes / mouth to put on the hood. I think it be super cool to be rolling around a Marshmello themed Tesla, especially with its original white paint job. And I finally will have a Tesla I know is mine, since I have accidentally tried to open two white Tesla Model 3s that were not my car, since I have the app and you walk to the car handle to open.

And many people recognize Marshmello so I bet I could get alot of compliments / thumbs up from random people.

2514304_0.jpg

I encourage you to just envision it in your head and smile every time you "see" it...

Coming from another pearl white owner, I say, DONT!!!

For one, this bucket man is NOT known by many. I had to a google it too! He's NOT cute. He's scary and looks like the poison symbol ..You'll get jokes about roasting it, burning it, s'more jokes.. those x eyes will make your beautiful 3 look like a hideous cheap bucket- not a marshmallow.

You asked! NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

Reactions: Perry
Dude, I feel you. This car is great but it needs something on the front to improve it's attitude. If I'm honest, from certain angles looking at the front, it can look like a VW bug. Which is why I try not to look at the car when I'm walking toward the front. Because if I do, I always just want to sell it.

Anyway, I did try to find a shop that could custom-make the Rolling Stones mouth/tongue logo to fit on my Red 3. The prototype looked good but the red of the lips blended into the color of the car and it was a no go. I then thought shark teeth like on a WWII P-47 would look cool, so I am having that worked up. But there are still red lips in that so I don't know. My wife thinks it will scare the grand kids because where I park it at home is right by our pool and she's afraid they'll think it is a real shark.
DSCN1868.jpg

Wink wink...

If it is your car, regardless of how you got it, you should do what makes you happy. But know yourself- Don't decide based on how you think other people will react.
20190106_173435.jpg
20190106_173347.jpg

I love The Kraken decal I put on my car. It gives me joy everytime I see it. I've had mixed reactions from others, with some even acting personally offended by it.

There really is no accounting for taste! All that really matters is what you like.

Reactions: SammichLover
If it is your car, regardless of how you got it, you should do what makes you happy. But know yourself- Don't decide based on how you think other people will react.
View attachment 398875 View attachment 398877
I love The Kraken decal I put on my car. It gives me joy everytime I see it. I've had mixed reactions from others, with some even acting personally offended by it.

There really is no accounting for taste! All that really matters is what you like.

I’m more bothered by the tow hook being mounted :p

Reactions: MoreAgain
Dude, I feel you. This car is great but it needs something on the front to improve it's attitude. If I'm honest, from certain angles looking at the front, it can look like a VW bug. Which is why I try not to look at the car when I'm walking toward the front. Because if I do, I always just want to sell it.

Anyway, I did try to find a shop that could custom-make the Rolling Stones mouth/tongue logo to fit on my Red 3. The prototype looked good but the red of the lips blended into the color of the car and it was a no go. I then thought shark teeth like on a WWII P-47 would look cool, so I am having that worked up. But there are still red lips in that so I don't know. My wife thinks it will scare the grand kids because where I park it at home is right by our pool and she's afraid they'll think it is a real shark.
View attachment 398842

Wink wink...
I feel someone has done this? I vaguely remember seeing a pic of something like this on a Model 3? I know as part of my track prep I effectively did a "fu manchu grimace" in green tape, while securing the translucent, adhesive shelving covering in place across the nose and on the sides of the ducting. I thought I'd taken a picture but checking around sadly I didn't save it.

I definitely have seen a local shop do a pin striping highlight of the nose tip that created a grimace. The headlights are the eyes.

I’m more bothered by the tow hook being mounted :p
It certainly suits the car's theme, so maybe that's an [unintended?] endorsement on your part? :D

I'm trying to figure out if it is the factory hook with some odd coating on it or fully 3rd party. Its surface looks way lumpier than my recollection of the factory hook (I've put mine on twice now). Maybe I just never noticed the texture details because of its black colour?

Last edited:

Looks cool. I have the exact same floor stop in my garage.

I've seen Marshmello's manager before when I was asked to help pick up luggage from him for a friend (who was Jauz's GF / now wife). He tried to sell my a hoverboard, I guess his side hustle before Marshmello got as big as he is now.

I hope to use car wrap material and let it be easy to come off if I get over it or sell the car one day. Would not need much material, just enough for two X eyes & the smile.

I'm trying to figure out if it is the factory hook with some odd coating on it or fully 3rd party. Its surface looks way lumpier than my recollection of the factory hook (I've put mine on twice now). Maybe I just never noticed the texture details because of its black colour?

It was a last minute decision when preparing for a track day. I happened to have some yellow tape and decided to wrap the tow hook.

My kids love Marshmello. I say go for it! It doesn't seem like it would be too expensive and it would definitely turn some heads. I think it would make my day if I saw this. Also if you get tired of it, you can remove it easily. In any case, I think this would look better than an i8.

Reactions: is2scooby