Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03 - New discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually look amazing, there is no denying that. However, I'm still shopping for options at 4WheelOnline and I'm also sorting out my choices before making any purchase. Is there any other aftermarket wheel brand that has a similar style that I can look into? Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
Do you have 18", 19", 20" in mind? I can help you narrow down a few.

Danny

Newbie here...do I need to buy new TPMS with the MWs? I have a 2018 Model 3.
I recommend swapping over the factory ones if you are swapping over tires too. If you're buying brand new tires for your new set of wheels,
buy sensors along with them.

We do sell pre-programmed Model 3 sensors and help client proxy Tesla bluetooth sensors (no sales tax).
Message me, we'll get you sorted out! :cool:

Danny

HNP_2257.jpg

18x7.5 Gunmetal on MSM Tesla

Anyone have any data/opinion on 235 vs 245 tires in terms of efficiency? I got the Martian Wheels and now deciding on what size tires. I want to protect the rims more and have better handling with 245s but if there’s not an insignificant sacrifice in efficiency, then I might just stick with 235s.

Anyone have any data/opinion on 235 vs 245 tires in terms of efficiency? I got the Martian Wheels and now deciding on what size tires. I want to protect the rims more and have better handling with 245s but if there’s not an insignificant sacrifice in efficiency, then I might just stick with 235s.
What are you coming from now?

My OE Michelin 20” PS4S had an 8.8” contact patch, despite being 235s. My 18” Pirelli P-Zero A/S have a 7.4” contact patch on their 235 model. It’s less contact of a less sticky compound, so efficieny went up. 245s of my same tire were listed as ~7.8” if I remember right.

I will likely buy these same tires, but in 245 next time (for look, mostly). I will try to snap a side shot soon and post it up.

Is there anyone who has done a comparison of the aeros vs. the MW03 18x8.5 and 18.7.5 in terms of efficiency? Obviously, the jump in efficiency will be noticeable coming from 20s or even 19s. I was thinking of using the aeros for winter and getting a second set of rims for summer tires.

The question I have is whether those 18x7.5 improves the 0-60 times or would it feel too loose while accelerating and cornering because of the lost in traction with the narrower tire wheel compare to wider wheel/tire. Was debating getting this in a tire and wheel package or the TST wheel package from Tsportline which Engineering Explained tested in their YT video resulted in an improved 0-60 time by .08 seconds.

I have 18x7.5 on Pilot Sport 4S's and regularly do drag racing so punching it from a standstill. The tires may have squeaked about 5 or so times out of 300+ launches. After a pass or two and some heat in the tires they have never spun at all. The Michelin's are a great tire so you definitely want a quality compound If you plan on launching it over and over again without loss of traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.