Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03 - New discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in purchasing these after a recent sidewall blowout on the stock 20" uberturbines w/ pirelli tires on a small-ish pothole at ~40 mph. Trying to decide between 18" vs 19" and 235 vs 245 PS4S tires.

Anybody with 18x8.5" or 19x8.5" regret their decision and wish they went with the larger or smaller diameter? I'm leaning towards 19" as a balance of aesthetics and pothole/curb rash protection for when my wife drives.
Interested in knowing this too for when I finally trade my car in for a Tesla. I think 18s will give the better ride over bumps and such. Definitely 18s narrow for winter driving and winter tires. Probably not studded because if you drive quick you can lose studs.

I'm interested in purchasing these after a recent sidewall blowout on the stock 20" uberturbines w/ pirelli tires on a small-ish pothole at ~40 mph. Trying to decide between 18" vs 19" and 235 vs 245 PS4S tires.

Anybody with 18x8.5" or 19x8.5" regret their decision and wish they went with the larger or smaller diameter? I'm leaning towards 19" as a balance of aesthetics and pothole/curb rash protection for when my wife drives.

you lose range with these wheels at highway speeds. they are not aerodynamic at all. personal opinion is that 18"s provide more protection, but 19"s look the best. I have all three from a different company, 18, 19, and 20 and the 19" are now my favorite.

D2C44041-D869-4C1B-A9D4-B43E63993B93.jpeg

18x9.5 +30
9D340ECF-48C2-48B2-8D22-34340F7BA3BA.jpeg

A8CB7D7C-C910-4866-B70C-77A4AA80D849.jpeg

No spacers 265/40 tires.

you lose range with these wheels at highway speeds. they are not aerodynamic at all. personal opinion is that 18"s provide more protection, but 19"s look the best. I have all three from a different company, 18, 19, and 20 and the 19" are now my favorite.
Is the loss of range significant? I was finding that efficiency is improved with the mw03 wheels with most of my research. I'm planning to move from M3P 20" uberturbines to the 18" 8.5 mw03s myself. I was assuming it'd be an overall upgrade in handling, ride quality, impact protection, and efficiency. Most of my driving is going 80+ on the highway btw.

Is the loss of range significant? I was finding that efficiency is improved with the mw03 wheels with most of my research. I'm planning to move from M3P 20" uberturbines to the 18" 8.5 mw03s myself. I was assuming it'd be an overall upgrade in handling, ride quality, impact protection, and efficiency. Most of my driving is going 80+ on the highway btw.
I had the 18x9.5 with 265 tires on my 2021 M3P with UP front lip and efficiency rear spoiler. Virtually no range loss, it's pretty much a wash vs the 20s. With the 18x8.5 I am sure you will pick up some range. Keep us posted.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Zero loss of range at city speeds, but it's significant when you drive at 80+ for 4 hours straight.

Thanks for the answers. Would anyone happen to have photos of 18" satin black on a white Model 3? I'm loving Theadonnan's photos of what I believe to be the 18" satin gunmetal, but I can't find any photos of the 18" satin black.

I'm still waiting for my Satin Gunmetal 19" x 8.5" MW03 wheels ordered in October 2021. Just received an email from Martian Wheels saying they might ship towards the end of April 2022. Has anyone received their wheels sooner?
Wow, that sucks. I had that size on my Y LR and was very happy with them. They looked great on the white Y and were so much lighter than the stock wheels. The narrower width was a huge benefit for ride quality and curb resistance. I took them off the Y when I sold them and planned to put them on the 3 but my wife wants to keep the stock size wheels on our 3 (18").

If anyone wants a set of the Martians in a Satin Gunmetal, 19"x8.5" DM me. I'll probably be posting them in the classifieds when I get a chance to take photos of them other than on the car. The Martians are some of the best bang for buck wheels for the 3/Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.