Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. I'm glad you did. Did you forward them the thread or did you ask them specifically:

1. Missed weights on all wheels and confirmed wheel weight by Martian and yet reducing the website weight by .5 lbs?
2. Load rating which is above and beyond any current manufacture.
3. Non existent warranty company.
4. Wheel barrel finish / forming not on par with forged wheels.
5. Verification of manufacturing pics of real forging despite weights being close to equal flow forming.

We discussed #1 when my 18" x 8.5" wheels came in a bit heavier than advertised, as discussed in post #278. As mentioned in recent posts, with CrossClimate+ tires, 45 lbs was saved (not including rotational inertia). The installer, usually very critical, was impressed with their lightness and quality, while they had great runout and required few balance weights. The TPMS also worked without issues, as promised by Drew. Others who have switched to MW03 wheels have also observed that the Model 3 feels noticeably faster. I agree and am pleased with these wheels.

In the more-recent email to Martian, I did not specifically mention items #2-#5 on your list above. But Drew answered my other questions. If you want to challenge their claims, please go to the Martian Website and use the contact information there, then let us know the outcome. Thanks.

Last edited:
UPDATE on post #500.
Martian Wheels MW03
Attached are some pix as promised. Power consumption seems better so far:
Initial 795.5 miles on 20" PS4S: 277 Wh/mile
139.1 miles on 18" CrossClimate plus: 249 Wh/mile

BTW, here is a recent tire test than includes some of the tires we considered:

Apparently, there is no combination center cap/lug not cover for these wheels. I made a wooden tool to install and remove the Martian Center caps. It works well with a shot-type dead blow rubber mallet.
20200913_165337MartianTool.jpg
20200920_091635M3P with MW03.jpg
20200920_091701CC+on MW03.jpg
20200920_091732Ghery+M3p.jpg

Ghirardelli (Ghery) our exhuberant 3 year old Chocolate Lab.

20200913_134553tiresW+S.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone ordered the Martian Wheels MW03 in 19x9.5" +45 offset for their Model Y? Site specs are 19.5 lbs but I weighed them at 23 lbs. This is 3.5 lbs and much more than I was expecting. So strange and disappointed as I bought them for the weight saving performance.
We discussed #1 when my 18" x 8.5" wheels came in a bit heavier than advertised, as discussed in post #278. As mentioned in recent posts, with CrossClimate+ tires, 45 lbs was saved (not including rotational inertia). The installer, usually very critical, was impressed with their lightness and quality, while they had great runout and required few balance weights. The TPMS also worked without issues, as promised by Drew. Others who have switched to MW03 wheels have also observed that the Model 3 feels noticeably faster. I agree and am pleased with these wheels.

In the more-recent email to Martian, I did not specifically mention items #2-#5 on your list above. But Drew answered my other questions. If you want to challenge their claims, please go to the Martian Website and use the contact information there, then let us know the outcome. Thanks.
I’m actually don’t need to speak to anyone to be honest. However Martian conducts business is their deal. I was promised by @SignatureSales 20lbs and I got it. Even happier when a COMPLETED 20x9 wheel mounted and balanced on a real scale on the concrete came in at 43 lbs. No BS marketing tactics. I’m sure people who have bought are happy or sorta happy with their purchase but for me....I got exactly what I was promised and paid for.
3817BA9E-1B15-40AA-9F40-AA4655ABEBB9.jpeg
58DD5091-77A1-4CB6-AB52-F4DB2707B7AC.jpeg

Does anyone have a link to OEM Tesla center caps that match either satin black or the gunmetal colors for Martians?
Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit
There’s a SLIGHT difference in the gunmetal tones between the Aero center caps and the Martian caps that come with the wheels, but not at all noticeable. It’s the $50 for the Aero caps that’s noticeable. I posted pics above but let me know if you want a pic with more detail.

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit
There’s a SLIGHT difference in the gunmetal tones between the Aero center caps and the Martian caps that come with the wheels, but not at all noticeable. It’s the $50 for the Aero caps that’s noticeable. I posted pics above but let me know if you want a pic with more detail.
Trying to find a pic of the satin black wheels with the Tesla model x matte black center cap.

how much less?
The whole entire point I’m trying to make is why the bait and switch? What irks me the most is that they physically weighed a wheel.

PHYSICALLY. WEIGHED. A. WHEEL.

And they decided to “hey...let’s not still show the true weight and show it 1/2 lb less!”

I’m not EVEN trying to convince anyone here on buying another brand. Price point Martian and Signature isn’t in the same league. Martian only offers 1 style and 2 finishes in 3 sizes? And yet they can’t even be honest about their weight on the site. Again...bait and switch tactic. Maybe that’s why some people fall for multi level marketing scams *shrugs*

If you wanna know price DM the vendor but it sure ain’t MSRP

Last edited:
Guessing the Honda guy is in here again bragging about his $5k wheels because he needs everyone to know about them? I put him on ignore because he wouldn't stop in my wheel thread either.
Actually quite the opposite. In order to be a Vendor in TMC you need to pay a yearly fee. Did you know that? Martian isn’t even a vendor here, commercializes through word of mouth and the ONLY reference to Martian wheels is a guy named “Drew”. No member here is physically tied to Martian.

Makes you start to wonder huh......add that to the list I created on the other unknowns.

Just like “Stark Wheels” adding logos on being TUV certified only to be called out on being fake and then having the “logo” removed.
3FCC2788-95B1-4C20-9ACD-8F472EA83DDF.png

Last edited:
I found a rep for Signature Wheels through FB who gave me 20% of their listed prices. I decided to spend a little more with them for guaranteed wheels weights even though Martian looks very promising for the price. To each their own. I’m still rooting for Martian, just not buying from them right now.

Which ones did you decided to go with curious? Share photos of the wheels here if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.