Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian Wheels MW03

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a set of 8 x 7.5" +20 / Gunmetal on October 22nd and they were delivered to my home on November 25th. No damage and wheels look great. I already knew the weight would be higher than advertised, so no issue there. I did check to see by how much they are off and the wheels weigh either 18.4lb or 18.5 lb. According to my digital bathroom scale, depending on weather I hold the wheel or just weigh the wheel by it self. Happy driving!

This is somewhat off-topic since I don't have Martian wheels, but "Vines" was here working on custom logo caps, and I hit him up to do a one-off design I had in mind for my other brand custom wheels.

Here is the result:
Custom-Logo-Caps.png

I am not sure what others think of this "triad" design, but something I wanted to try.

This is somewhat off-topic since I don't have Martian wheels, but "Vines" was here working on custom logo caps, and I hit him up to do a one-off design I had in mind for my other brand custom wheels.

Here is the result:
View attachment 616116

I am not sure what others think of this "triad" design, but something I wanted to try.

going to have to give that a big no.
Appreciate the effort, but it looks like what a knock off version might look like from China. Not trying to be mean, just straightforward.

Reactions: Apone

Here is the result:
View attachment 616116

The design actually resembles how the coil fits and the meaning of the logo. Should have just fit as much has you can.

The design actually resembles how the coil fits and the meaning of the logo. Should have just fit as much has you can.

Yeah, that was part of my inspiration for doing it like that. When you say "fit as much as you can" you mean more T logos?
I thought 3 made sense for model 3 and 3-phase, but I do agree that it might look nice with less empty space.

I have some thoughts for a "version 2"... Maybe I will redo them.

A quick photoshop for contemplation:

logo-idea3.png

What do you think of that? It looks like an interesting pattern, but I think the "T logo" is sort of lost at that point.

Maybe it should be 5 (to match the lugs and wheel spokes) instead of 6 but then it blows the whole "3 phase" concept. But maybe it is more important to match the wheel look than try to pay homage to the motor.

Last edited:
I actually sleep pretty sound. All you poor souls thinking you got organic and paid higher prices in reality got non organic. It’s ok though....whoever I can save from being scammed with the truth I will.

BTW....VMR is flow formed, runs $325 a wheel, and is still lighter than Martians. Now let that live in your mind.

I’ve looked at an MW rim close up, and it’s definitely forged, if that’s what you mean by non-organic? I’ve seen a few of your posts and you seem to be very inexperienced in regards to engineering in general, so why do you post about subjects you don’t understand? The weight of a wheel has nothing to do with whether it is forged or cast. I’ve been an aerospace engineer for 38 years BTW so I post from a massive amount of actual experience, not guesswork and reading Google.

Assuming you got the 18x9.5? Do you have the exact weight? I am starting to suspect the wheels are overweight but only after mounting the tires(tire weight and wheel weight don't add up, even take into consideration of the TPMS and wheel weights). Thanks.
Sorry no. EVERYONE’S wheel is overweight. Even Brian from i1tesla (18x7.5) physically showed it overweight and commenters knows what’s up.
55E0D8B3-2A05-46CB-BB9A-F0832DF02867.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.