Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Model Y Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn that looks nice!
Definitely looks better with the gemini wheels removed! What kind of tires do they put on the Gemini wheels? Are they good tires for winter?
It's Continental Procontact RX. Tread wear 400, Traction A, Temperature A (these ratings are printed on the tire sidewall). I think it's a all-season tire but I have no idea beyond that.

I was scheduled to take delivery on a blue LR AWD with 20" wheels at Dedham in early April, but deferred as COVID was just beginning to surge at that point. Just got an MVPA and new VIN last week, but no delivery date set yet.

However, I just found out that the 20" wheels come with summer tires. For some reason I assumed they were all-seasons like the 19s. I'm not really excited about having to purchase snow tires and swap them out twice a year. So, I am pondering a switch to the Geminis. Down side is that changing configuration now will likely put me at the back of the queue for delivery, but if they are proposing a 4-8 week delivery time for new orders then I can (begrudgingly) live with that.

I was scheduled to take delivery on a blue LR AWD with 20" wheels at Dedham in early April, but deferred as COVID was just beginning to surge at that point. Just got an MVPA and new VIN last week, but no delivery date set yet.

However, I just found out that the 20" wheels come with summer tires. For some reason I assumed they were all-seasons like the 19s. I'm not really excited about having to purchase snow tires and swap them out twice a year. So, I am pondering a switch to the Geminis. Down side is that changing configuration now will likely put me at the back of the queue for delivery, but if they are proposing a 4-8 week delivery time for new orders then I can (begrudgingly) live with that.

I'd be willing to meet up with you and trade my Gemini's for your Inductions if you'd like (once we get our cars obviously).

I think the 20" wheels come with all seasons, not summer tires, from reading other threads.
I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this. I've seen prior threads (probably the same ones) that show an M+S designation on the 20" tires, which seems to suggest that they are "all-seasons", but when I asked my Tesla sales contact, he said they were summer times and I would need to switch them out in the winter. If they are all-seasons, my sense is that they are pretty mediocre at best and that dedicated winter tires would be a good move -- even here in greater Boston where the snowfall isn't usually too bad (with rare exception) and streets are typically plowed. If others have insights on this I'd welcome it as I am trying to decide whether to stick with the 20s or make a change to the 19s. Not even sure if the all-seasons on the 19s are that great. Perhaps I'll be getting winter tires anyway regardless.