Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASSIVE TESLA RALLY TO PROTEST BIDEN IGNORING TESLA 4/22/22

Would you be interested in attending the DC rally Earth Day weekend 2022?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are gauging interest in a rally to descend on Washington DC the weekend of April 22, 2022 to coincide with Earth day.

The purpose of the rally is to bring attention to electric vehicles as well as politely remind the current administration who the true electric vehicle Pioneer and leader is. Despite the title this is not really a anti-Biden thing. Just a friendly reminder of why EVs are now a thing.

We anticipate vehicles coming from as far away as California and will be attempting to organize with Tesla clubs across the country.

If you are interested in attending, or assisting in the planning, please don't be shy :) feel free to respond on this thread, promote this thread anyway you wish, or direct message.

Last edited:
That would be amazing - if everyone got on board.

This is worthy of the time/effort-as what is happening is just plain wrong.

Washington should not be trying to pic “winners and losers” and put their hand on the scale and give those with an inferior product and process obvious and collaborative effort at advantage.

Speaking out, standing up and making others aware in this, is worth the time!

Biden’s smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds, and the unions have put food on his table for like what, 116 years now?

It makes me sick too, but pretty much all politics does…
We all know why he's doing it, doesn't make it right. I actually support him but obviously don't agree with him here. Hence the polite reminder :)

What kind of support or attention are you demanding from the Brandon administration? And what will it achieve?
Well we will not be calling him Brandon, nor supporting any type of that nonsense because it gets you nowhere, and would merely hijack our messaging. This cannot descend into a Trump rally. This is issue based, I don't care what peoples individual politics are. We disagree fundamentally with this particular issue and drawing attention to the fact the Tesla is the EV leader, and should be recognized as such.

Funny, the bill as written is a huge boon to Tesla with just a small amount to placate the unions.
The made in USA part is good for Tesla.
Going from 0 to $10k is not bad.
Who does better than that with a volume product? No one?
Tesla has gotten the most support to date by the EV credit and this bill will magnify that by about 40 times as written. Imagine 2M cars a year with $10k on the hood for 5 years. That is $100 billion. And you are complaining that it isn't $125 billion?
And the bill is either passed (crystal ball says - not likely) or completely dead by April.
The proper protest would be on the oil and gas leases not on whether Elon - or stockholders - get richer.
Tesla has shown that they don't need subsidies and can turn a profit. Remember, that is what subsidies are intended to do - help nascent tech and companies. Technically - that job is done. Will Tesla be able to sell more cars with $10k on the hood? - sure. Is that a win? - sure. Is it the right use of limited funds? Hmm...

Last edited:
UAWBidenCC.jpg

I agree with Yurand. I'd love to go for a drive and show off my car at a rally, but I can't drive from CA to DC to do it. But Biden needs to be made aware that his darlings of the auto industry are mainly pigs with lipstick, lots of talk, no action, few products that people can buy, while Tesla has been here nearly ten years and had millions of amazing, gorgeous cars on the road.