Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. So, one data point. Wish there were more (data points), including times from a real track, vs. a $150 GPS based device. In any case, I hope ~3.86s turns out to be a common number reported by owners. Surprised there aren't more reports by now.

"real" tracks don't generally measure 0-60, so not sure why you're surprised by lack of such reports?

Draggy and Vbox are usually the gold standards there- with Draggy having proven more accurate to matching track times than the older Vbox does.

and since I'm sure you'll want evidence of THAT claim too, I of course have it...

Track vs vbox vs Dragy results

On nearly every test Dragy was within a couple hundreths of a second of the track measured time... while VBOX was usually off by several full tenths...there's of course no 0-60 comparison against the track since as I mention tracks aren't really set up to measure that.

also if you actually read the other posts in the thread I linked to it's NOT the only data point, just the quickest one.

Another user in post 4 for example got 3.95 with rollout- but he was at lower SoC and in 37 degree weather too. Average the 2 if you like and you still get ~3.9 with rollout.... given car mags were getting 4.0 with rollout PRIOR to the last power update the update dropping it to ~3.9 isn't at all surprising.

His 1/8th mile was 8.03, no 1/4 data given but again seems to confirm 1/8th mile is about 8 flat given or take a couple hundredths of a second.

Last edited:
"real" tracks don't generally measure 0-60, so not sure why you're surprised by lack of such reports?

Draggy and Vbox are usually the gold standards there- with Draggy having proven more accurate to matching track times than the older Vbox does.

and since I'm sure you'll want evidence of THAT claim too, I of course have it...

Track vs vbox vs Dragy results

On nearly every test Dragy was within a couple hundreths of a second of the track measured time... while VBOX was usually off by several full tenths...there's of course no 0-60 comparison against the track since as I mention tracks aren't really set up to measure that.

also if you actually read the other posts in the thread I linked to it's NOT the only data point, just the quickest one.

Another user in post 4 for example got 3.95 with rollout- but he was at lower SoC and in 37 degree weather too. Average the 2 if you like and you still get ~3.9 with rollout.

His 1/8th mile was 8.03, no 1/4 data given but again seems to confirm 1/8th mile is about 8 flat given or take a couple hundredths of a second.
Thanks for the additional insight. I didn’t see many owner LR AWD times posted here or on other forums, but did see many more for the P and RWD models, curiously. So it sounds fairly safe to say, with the new update, the LR AWD is a sub 4s car.

Does anyone know if the range 'increase' that is displayed on tesla's website will come to existing cars? I thought it might would have come in this update but it did not.

For example, I have the AWD LR Model 3, it has a 310-mile range. The website now says the range as 322. So I would assume this is only software?

Does anyone know if the range 'increase' that is displayed on tesla's website will come to existing cars? I thought it might would have come in this update but it did not.

For example, I have the AWD LR Model 3, it has a 310-mile range. The website now says the range as 322. So I would assume this is only software?

Someone posted a Tesla chat session in some thread on TMC, where the Tesla rep confirmed a range increase in a upcoming release, IIRC. Hopefully, that and other "gifts" will come just before the Christmas holiday, as has been the case in year's past.

I have a LR RWD and noticed it does feel quicker. I tried a few apps to measure 0-60 but they were way off so can’t say. I don’t take my car to track or anything so not sure how else to measure it.

I’ve heard from most it’s a .1s improvement so maybe 4.9s 0-60..?

LR RWD here. I got the 5% power increase pushed last April and my times went from 5.3 to 5.0 (measured several times). This time around I honestly was not expected any increase but measured again twice and got 4.9. Hard to say if it’s really an incremental increase (2% not 5%) or within the margin of error. In any case, definite faster than what was promised when i got the car!

was testing today m3 performance(with 5% update).80% SOC 420max kw power.

Didnt test before update, can bus adapter arrived today :D

took delivery today with new software update. Almost paid extra for performance but seems the new 0-60 times are considerably different than what Tesla has posted. (Yeah i pretty much did this within half an hour of taking delivery) I’m getting right at 4 and a couple sub 4’s is this about what others are getting.

actually first run was terrible like 5 sec, realized the car was in chill. Phew. Got real worried there.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
took delivery today with new software update. Almost paid extra for performance but seems the new 0-60 times are considerably different than what Tesla has posted. (Yeah i pretty much did this within half an hour of taking delivery) I’m getting right at 4 and a couple sub 4’s is this about what others are getting.

actually first run was terrible like 5 sec, realized the car was in chill. Phew. Got real worried there.

This is a great update for non-p awd. I'm having trouble imagining what I'd do today - I might pass on the p too given the current stats. I mean what does performance even mean anymore.

Depends what you are talking about

If you mean either the range meter as you drive or the actual miles driven you are correct

If you mean the capacity and miles shown after charging you are incorrect, that figure has nothing to do with how you drive, the temperature or similar factors

That figure may not always be accurate due to other issues so there are other better ways to gauge battery health with other programs.
The capacity and miles shown after charging do not indicate battery health. It’s what the algorithm determines to be ideal range, and as algorithms go, it will have inaccuracies. That’s why 90% charge can show 281, then 269 after a few weeks and then show 272 after another few weeks. It doesn’t mean that your battery health degraded and then suddenly got better again.

I have a LR RWD and noticed it does feel quicker. I tried a few apps to measure 0-60 but they were way off so can’t say. I don’t take my car to track or anything so not sure how else to measure it.

I’ve heard from most it’s a .1s improvement so maybe 4.9s 0-60..?
I don’t feel much a difference with the LR RWD. itesla tested it and only showed a .1 increase at most. Too bad.

Anyone having issues with the app for android waking the car up after getting this update? My app is timing out a lot now when trying to wake the car, it just hangs for a while and then gives me some kind of vehicle connection error. Both the car and the phone are getting good signal. It'll connect right away if I go and open one of the car doors.