Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the new visualizations show up if you have HW3 but haven’t purchased FSD?

I currently see the traffic cones.

I think you just answered your question... and it's a good idea for Tesla marketing. Drivers and passengers in cars that don't have FSD will eventually see all the visualisations and what the car would have done, and may conclude it's safer or worth more than they initially thought.

Not to take the jam out of anyone's donut, but does it seem at all odd (or at least asymmetric) to anyone else that putting cones on the display was "traffic display improvement" but putting stoplights/signs on the display is somehow an "FSD Sneak Peek"?

Not to take the jam out of anyone's donut, but does it seem at all odd (or at least asymmetric) to anyone else that putting cones on the display was "traffic display improvement" but putting stoplights/signs on the display is somehow an "FSD Sneak Peek"?

No?

cones happen on highways where AP already works. Stop signs generally happen in cities where FSD is intended to work.

Reactions: aronth5 and ecarfan
Seems likely the visualization will be where Autopilot detects the stop line. I can consistently trigger a warning at a stop sign with a diagonal cross street with a line that isn't directly extended from the sign, and even going slowly at 1mph, it shows the warning only when it would pass the line and not just passing the sign. This is with HW2.5.

It's not too different from traffic light and stop line detection where the two are more likely not aligned and need to be detected separately.

Wait what? You get some sort of warning at stop signs? I’m also HW 2.5 and I don’t have this, is there a setting I need to enable?