Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't have HW3 you won't see the visualization options in the "Autopilot" menu. The visualizations are only for HW3-enabled cars.

Purchasing FSD will eventually get you the hardware (for free) but other than this visualization there's no real practical benefit yet.

Edit: I'm seeing a lot of threads assuming that the purchase date implies HW3. It doesn't. I have a June 2019 car with HW2.5. The practical upshot here is that this is the first update that will allow us to know what hardware we have, since prior to this update the only way to know was by ripping apart the panel under the glovebox and looking at the CPU part number itself. Now it's simple - if you don't have the option in Autopilot, you don't have HW3.

Yeah that's what I figured. I assumed I had HW3 due to manufacturing date (based on everything I had read) but the fact that I don't have the option likely means I'm on 2.5?

Select between the regular and advanced software selections on the screen 5 times while saying Elon’s the greatest and you’ll eventually get it:D
Not true. Well, essentially not true.

When you go to the Software screen, your car will immediately check to see if its VIN has won the software update lottery. This takes a few seconds, long enough to tap the 'Advanced' option a few times. This does nothing. You're wasting your time.

To have your car check whether it's number has come up, go to the Software settings screen. That's it. Your VIN is on the list, or it is not. Pressing Advanced once, or twice, or sixty-three times will not make your car win the lottery any faster.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Red light visualization is very glitchy for me. Light keeps changing between orange and red when sitting at a red light. No issues with green light. Not picking up any stop signs after dark, picks most of them up during day time

Worse if they don't change out AP2.0 cars cameras ... methinks.

Below tweet source: AP2.0 Cameras: Capabilities and Limitations?
OyqPWRh.jpg

Camera picture from this post: AP2.0 Cameras: Capabilities and Limitations?
Mn0QFhP.jpg

Car got the update but it failed to install. Climate control is suck on. I'm trying to disable it but it just gives me the failed message. Is there a way for Tesla to remote reboot my car or so I just need to deal with temperature control getting stuck on for a few days?
Have you tried rebooting it yourself? Hold down both steering wheel buttons until you see the screen show the boot up tesla logo.

FSD is far from perfected, but personally I have zero doubt it can spot a parked car and know not to veer into what it (mistakenly) perceives as an open lane. If so, we'd have heard and read about it many times by now.

I can confirm that my M3 successfully avoided a parked car with the new update.

There is a stretch of road near my town that goes from two lane without shoulders to with shoulders and cars parked.

In the past, I have taken over since it didn’t look like it would avoid the car.

This time, it did slow down, but successfully passed the first car and then sped up to the limit past other cars. The first one is the trick and happy to see it figure that one out.

I have tried that about a dozen times without any luck so far. Is it true that it helps if I also click my heels three times with my eyes closed? I read somewhere that works.......

Same with me. Got mine on 12/16 and was on 9.36. Had to chat support to get on 40.2. Still no .50 update. Again, it’s like apple saying that a new iOS update is out with all this great features but you can’t get it yet

Same with me. Got mine on 12/16 and was on 9.36. Had to chat support to get on 40.2. Still no .50 update. Again, it’s like apple saying that a new iOS update is out with all this great features but you can’t get it yet

You should check if you are on Tesla's naughty list. People they don't like get the updates last. http://www.teslanaughtylist

I have yet to see more than the three light type traffic light represented.

At least for me, the visualization shows arrows, green/red/yellow, and even when they are blinking yellow. I have been meaning to get a photo/video of that since I thought it was pretty cool as well.

It is hard to see with the normal zoom - you have to do the 'three-finger' pull on the car visualization and then adjust to see the lights close up. But I know that it is reading them.

So i have a brand new 2020 Model 3 and i just received the updated software but am not seeing stop signs or lights. Could it be possible i dont have HW 3? I do get cones, but for alot of things that are not cones as well
@Kilotango74
Per the release notes, go to Autopilot in the UI and turn on visualizations. Enjoy!