Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, driving in Europe is very different, but then again the same. Driving etiquette is something you have to learn, wherever you are. I pushed a hack in NYC for years, different than driving in rural Montana, different from the southeast and southwest, all that has to work with the program. Challenging, right, my mind is open but I have no great expectations. New and cool stuff. I'm just alone for the ride.........sorry, I mean the drive.........

It just crossed my mind that it would be funny if there was a way FSD could flip someone off if they drove like an ass - like cutting you off. Then again, simulate road rage ......

I'll probably get FSD when I get used to driving the car without it. I need some excitement in my life ...

Finally received and installed 2019.40.50.5 this evening. I followed instructions for enabling text
Features, including reconnecting phone. Seamed to work, but I have seen the many warnings on this
Thread that texting is unreliable. Possibly .5 version has better instructions at least for installation?
Having upgraded to
HW3 3 weeks ago, looking forward to testing visualizations and FSD preview tomorrow.

Update to bugs: (no .5 yet)

- Voice commands virtually unusable, doesn’t register voice both with press-and-hold and press-and-release
- Charge port door opens and closes randomly without prompt, sometimes several times back-to-back
- Autopilot bounces between lane lines, and during long extended turns it seems to turn in too sharp and over correct constantly (may not be related to 50.1, just noteworthy)
- Anytime I attempt to sort contacts by first name, the system shuts down and reboots, EVERYTIME.

That seems to be the most prevalent issues.

Right, driving in Europe is very different, but then again the same. Driving etiquette is something you have to learn, wherever you are. I pushed a hack in NYC for years, different than driving in rural Montana, different from the southeast and southwest, all that has to work with the program. Challenging, right, my mind is open but I have no great expectations. New and cool stuff. I'm just alone for the ride.........sorry, I mean the drive.........

Indeed! In Europe we miss a lot of features partly because of this. Traffic visualization for instance is not available at all.

Ultimately I think it would greatly benefit self-driving for the world to converge of some basic lane and line painting standards that make recognition a lot easier.

Voice commands / text dictation working flawlessly for me so far this morning but I suspect that’s because most of the West coast is just waking up right now.

I just tried a few commands again about the same time as you today and it's worse than it was for me yesterday!
Maybe 50.5 will help, but it's rolling out a lot slower than 50.1 by the look of it.

I'm still on 50.1, but my car found a Nav update this morning.

I went from NA-2019.6-10236 to NA-2019.20-10487 <-Normal?

I'm on Advanced software update preference.

That's crazy you're so behind on that. That maps update came out months ago, and is super out of date in some places already. I can't wait for the next maps update.

So you were on week 6 (February) of Maps data. Now you’re on week 20 (May). Hopefully Tesla pushes a new maps update. It makes a huge difference for autopilot speed data etc.

Last edited:
That explains it. Thank you

I’m new to all this so out of curiosity does Canada usually drag behind by much?

Last time it took about a week. Past performance is no indicator of future results etc. etc.. And there was some backlash to the Smart Summon stuff in BC in particular so who knows, really? They might let visualisations go live next week, or they may let us hang for a while.

That's crazy you're so behind on that. That maps update came out months ago, and is super out of date in some places already. I can't wait for the next maps update.

So you were on week 6 (February) of Maps data. Now you’re on week 20 (May). Hopefully Tesla pushes a new maps update. It makes a huge difference for autopilot speed data etc.

Well I just picked up my car 48 hours ago ;)

Even crazier is that is was a Dec ‘19 build. I guess the factory is not putting on recent builds!

Another two curiosities to report with traffic light visualization that will need to be improved. in my area we have traffic lights with 4 sometimes 5 lights usually a turning lane set of a yellow and green left turning arrows. These do not show.
Also something newer to our area but becoming more common the bottom light of a three light traffic light will only have s blinking yellow arrow. It doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

Last edited:
Another two curiosities to report with traffic light visualization that will need to be improved. in my area we have traffic lights with 4 sometimes 5 lights usually a turning lane set of a yellow and green left turning arrows. These do not show.
Also something newer to our area but becoming more common the bottom light of a three light traffic light will only have s blinking yellow arrow. It doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

We have many intersections with the flashing yellow for the left turn lane. I noticed it picked it up on the visualization the other day. Super cool, I thought.

Reactions: HighZ and scottf200