Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what "Visualizations: other road markings" means?
Maybe the LIDAR-like 3d view from pillar cams, as shown during autonomy day?
Untitled.jpg

Early Access cars are also ‘supposed’ to not have TeslaFi or other reporting software on then (says Tesla) so we shouldn’t even see that report.

This was a ‘thing’ when we all were in the fake early access program that disappeared back when. I don’t even know if the program that was given away with FSD ever existed....

CAMP MODE!

Also known as drive-in-theater-mode.
Can someon e explain what this mode does, that we don't have?!
"Camp mode (keep everything in the car on while in park such as climate, music, lighting, etc)"
We can do all of these things while in park already and we also have climate on while the car is off. I don't get it, really, this is useless. I think the only thing that didn't work before is control the climate on manually - it just turned to auto. If that is fixed ok, but anything else - we already have.

We are very excited about the Voice Commands and Phone Improvements coming in 2019.40.50 (following copied and pasted from Teslarati article on Apple News):

Voice Commands

Voice commands are a feature that have been present on Tesla vehicles for a long time. Elon Musk promised that Model 3 owners would be able to do pretty much “anything” via voice commands in the past. For this update, the company has added a plethora of new commands that will allow drivers to focus on the road by controlling additional functions of their vehicles through voice input. The release notes state the following:

Voice commands have been rebuilt to understand natural language. For this initial release, we focused on commands that minimize having to touch the screen so you can keep your eyes on the road. A few areas and examples of what you can say are:

Climate: “Set the temperature to 70”, “Turn on the passenger seat heater”
Vehicle: “Adjust my right mirror”, “Open the Glovebox”
– Navigation: “Let’s go to work”, “Where are the nearby Supercharging Stations”
– Media: “Play the Beatles”, “Search for Joe Rogan podcast”
– Communication: “Call David Lewis”, “Send a text message to Evan”

The addition of these voice commands are aimed towards creating a safer driving environment for everyone on the road. Texting and driving is a dangerous habit that many drivers are guilty of. Among the biggest complaints of the Model 3’s critics involve its touch controls, as they require a driver to briefly take their eyes off the road to make adjustments. With more voice commands, these criticisms are addressed.

Phone Improvements

The additional phone improvements include having a text message read aloud by the vehicle and having the ability to respond by speaking to the car. This is another feature that will increase safety and limit a driver’s need to look at their mobile devices during trips.

You can now read and respond to text messages using your right scroll wheel button. When a message is received press the right scroll wheel button to have your text message read out loud and press again to respond by speaking out loud. You will also be able to view messages as they come in via the “Cards” section of the touchscreen.

To view messages that have been received while your phone is connected via Bluetooth, tap the Application Launcher > Call > Messages. You can read and reply to a message by tapping an entry in the Messages list. To enable this feature, tap the Bluetooth icon on the top of the display, and enable “Sync Messages”. Once enabled you can also choose to play a chime whenever a new text message is received by enabling “Chime on New Message”.

Additionally, if you have favorite phone contacts on your device, you can now easily access them from the Favorites tab of the Phone app.

Note: Notifications need to be enabled on your device from the phone’s Bluetooth settings to send and receive text messages. Due to the limitations of Bluetooth support from your device, you will not be able to send group messages. As usual, Bluetooth behavior may depend on make and model of your device.

Can someon e explain what this mode does, that we don't have?!
"Camp mode (keep everything in the car on while in park such as climate, music, lighting, etc)"
We can do all of these things while in park already and we also have climate on while the car is off. I don't get it, really, this is useless. I think the only thing that didn't work before is control the climate on manually - it just turned to auto. If that is fixed ok, but anything else - we already have.
That requires that the seat detect that you are in it. This way you can be in the back with the seats folded.