Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Important FYI:
I haven't read through the whole thread but in order for voice control functionality to work you must hold down the right button for the entire time you speak the command,which is a change to the prior voice control functionality.

Makes no difference here, the microphone pulsates but it doesn’t seem to hear anything.

Anyone else on Android & text via the default Google Messages app? I can send via voice in my car (it sends as an SMS message), but when I get the reply (as a RCS message), the tesla OS reads back HTML code instead of the actual text of the message...

Attachments

• IMG_20191224_124227.jpg
    IMG_20191224_124227.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 86
Important FYI:
I haven't read through the whole thread but in order for voice control functionality to work you must hold down the right button for the entire time you speak the command,which is a change to the prior voice control functionality.
Didn't work for me. Just walked out to the car to try it. First I pressed the right button and released it and said "navigate to the nearest grocery" and it handled that properly. Then I cancelled navigation, pressed the right button again without holding and repeated the same command. Nothing happened. Then I tried it with the button held down and repeated the same command. Nothing happened. Tried a few other things with the button held down and it didn't respond to any of them. So the only time it worked was my very first command and I wasn't holding it down.

• Informative
Reactions: dandrewk
Would really like a full list, but think in the update they will start to interpret what you want.
My problem is that "Voice Recognition" works, then doesn't work. Receive a text then reply and it won't pick up the reply after pressing the "press to dictate?" line.

They seemed to have screwed up the voice recognition- it works sometimes and doesn’t others when it was working fine previously.

Everything else is working great including stop signs, signals, it even recognizes trash cans and left turn lanes!

So, I have 50.1 installed and new visualizations work as advertised, but there is one very annoying (to me) issue... :confused: The MAX speed indicator, normally a blue ring, with speed limited contained within when active, remains a gray circle with speed limit within, when not activated. This gray icon blocks the stoplight visualizations. I noticed this gray ring and speed limit indicator an update or two ago and now want to turn this off somehow as it really screws up the new stoplight visualizations. :mad: Question: Anyone know how to turn this crap off? :confused::)
Does anyone know how to get rid of this grayed circular TACC speed limit icon, just under the Speedometer?

Sounds like other ppl are experiencing the same thing but the voice command feature broke after the update. It doesn’t recognize any speech and just hangs at the microphone screen.

I’ve come to realize after every update, certain bugs are fixed while new bugs are introduced. Ap ping ponging was the last feature that deteriorated after the previous update.

Last edited:
For traffic light and stop sign warnings, there isn't a separate setting to enable, but you do need to have Autopilot + Autosteer active on city streets. There is no setting for cone visualization either, and that's restricted to vehicles with FSD computer. Looks like the new street visualizations are also restricted to FSD computer and have a separate "preview" setting to enable too.
Not true with my car. There is a toggle in Autopilot tab and TACC/Autosteer does not have to be active.

Voice commands, message responses, voice-to-text etc. is really slow, buggy or non-responsive. Sometimes the command echos on the screen immediately, not at all, or (sometimes) minutes later.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm hoping it's not buggy. I suspect that the massive update rollout and folks trying out the new voice commands are swamping Tesla's servers.

Not just you, been testing it out and man the voice dictation is simply awful. I could get it work maybe once or twice out of 10 or 15 attempts. The text message function reply was/is really acting strange. Delayed, works on second try, do it again and nope. Then it’ll listen and post your reply in print but not send. In its current form, not an option to use while driving.

Just downloaded 2019.40.50.1 and followed directions to enable text on my iPhone 11 Pro. Texts are now read to me which is great (though it appears you need to tap the screen to have them read). However, when I click 'reply'. the screen is stuck on listening and is not taking dictation. The mic is otherwise active as I can do voice commands. Sadly 'Text [name]' doesn't seem to do anything either.

Same here, It seems voice dictation has regressed. It wasn’t that good before this s/w update but this push made it even worse. Sigh

Reactions: calidreamz808