Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thing is SCARY… I honestly don’t see what everyone else was so mind blown about. I understand the *experiences may vary* warning. But it almost ran me off the road into a field multiple times. It goes blazing fast through intersection curves causing me to have to forcibly disengage for safety reasons. Got in the wrong lanes plenty of times. This will get someone hurt. I HOPE nobody does but its not ready for wider distribution honestly. I want tesla to win , I’m not downing them at all. But in the wrong hands this will be bad

Wait until snowfall in winter when roads are slick....

First impression... I took it for a short test drive in the dark and it really is amazing. That said, I see why it is still in Beta and not for wide release. It is far more aggressive than I am comfortable with and it blew through a yield sign like it wasn't there. It wasn't a dangerous move, but I would prefer it to slow down first. We live on a winding road and 32.22 had difficulty tracking in the lane. 32.25 is better, but it seems to still seems to track a bit too close to the center-line for my liking. There's a bit of anxiety when a car in the other lane is coming around the same curve. No FCW, so I guess the car is good with it. We'll see how it does in the light.

Drove my wife’s car into work this morning, not really impressed with FSD. Several times with no traffic I had to push the accelerator to get the car to make right turns at stop signs, I had one instant where it kicked me out of FSD for no reason (it didn’t ding my score though)

Also, I had forgotten how bad navigate on autopilot was for my drive into work. The car still tried to come to a complete stop at one point in the highway and when it was changing from one highway to another it started to driving completely on the shoulder instead of staying in the lane. Also, a following distance of 7 is still just to close for bad weather conditions.

Last edited:
I got the download but never got the email. Would anyone be willing to post the email?

Hello,

We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.2 (2021.32.25) to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle has automatically opted into VIN associated telemetry sharing with Tesla, including Autopilot usage data, images and/or video. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email fsdbeta @ tesla.com

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button on the top bar UI to send an Autopilot Snapshot video clip.
    • Clips are automatically sent to the engineering team. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to fsdbeta @ tesla.com.
    • In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thank,

The Tesla Team

Last edited:
Hello,

We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.2 (2021.32.25) to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle has automatically opted into VIN associated telemetry sharing with Tesla, including Autopilot usage data, images and/or video. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button on the top bar UI to send an Autopilot Snapshot video clip.
    • Clips are automatically sent to the engineering team. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected].
    • In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thank,

The Tesla Team
Thanks

It was worth getting up early! Just returned from my first FSD drive, and wow. Dave Lee said something a couple of months ago after he got it, and I agree with his assessment: it's not like being on the highway and using autopilot, where you sort of just relax and it's sunshine and lollipops. This "city streets" is a little more stressful than normal driving, rather than less. Reason is, you're very close to other cars, the scenes are more dynamic (right on red, unprotected lefts, etc), and the acceleration/deceleration are not as smooth as when you're driving, so it "feels" a bit unnatural.

Visualization is INCREDIBLE and adds to the confidence. I think it will take a few trips to get comfortable with how it functions (especially the acceleration/deceleration), but as we all pitch in and produce the data, it gets better and better. I can see level 5 within a couple of years.

Hmmm...getting dinged for hard braking when FSD Beta does janky stuff sucks...

4 Intervention during the 19 mile commute. 1 car attempted changed lane to a turning lane at 45 mph to proceed forward. 2 Car came to full stop at a merging lane where it states do not stop with no vehicle in the other 3 lanes. 3 full disengagement during a left turn facing the sun. 4 Attempted to stop in the middle of a left turn for Stop Control.

Last edited: