Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Matrix LED Headlights Retrofit Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I'd search and update this post now that someone else linked in another thread that there's 'solution' available now.
They are oem right?

Reactions: jcpetit
from the description it looks like they take an OEM headlight modify to fit the matrix stuff.

i assume they just drop in the matrix components, so it'd just be the better/brighter light and pattern, but cant run any matrix stuff or pivot while you turn, since that's controlled by software?

Reactions: WhiteM3P-
Did you see the video below? It clearly has matrix enabled.
that is not matrix enabled. that's just matrix animations it looks like they hardcoded... but i could be wrong. but it's not even enabled by Tesla for the cars with matrix yet either I believe.

by 'matrix enabled', i. mean for it to automatically adjust the headlight by incoming traffic.

matrix.gif

from the description it looks like they take an OEM headlight modify to fit the matrix stuff.

i assume they just drop in the matrix components, so it'd just be the better/brighter light and pattern, but cant run any matrix stuff or pivot while you turn, since that's controlled by software?
There’s no pivot when you turn on the matrix lights on the refresh S anyway.

that is not matrix enabled. that's just matrix animations it looks like they hardcoded... but i could be wrong. but it's not even enabled by Tesla for the cars with matrix yet either I believe.

by 'matrix enabled', i. mean for it to automatically adjust the headlight by incoming traffic.

View attachment 975006
I think also that they hardcoded it, just to show what it is capable of. Then when Tesla enables matrix. They will sell them. Because for now it the nose cones ones that you could buy the lights from.

View attachment 975006

Matrix lighting is truly impressive when you see it in action. I've enabled this on our 2023 Audi RS5 and 2022 Mercedes S580 since they disable all this in the US. I've wanted to do the upgrade for the Tesla and was hoping Pengy had figured it out by now but seems to be a dead issue. That EvoOffer link is pretty interesting, gonna give them a shout and see what they say