Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte black emblems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where to find them? I know rpm and abstract ocean use to have them.
I was also thinking about doing plastidip. does it come off if I pressure wash my car? and also does plastidip hurt a ceramic coat?

I currently use the custom decal wraps, but it still shows chrome on the edges which i dont want

What about the 2 holes under rear emblem ? Did u just 3m tape over them? I’m hesitant about water leaking in but do want to put black emblems on.

also regarding pressure washing I hope you are using a very wide nozzle and keeping the tip far away. Pressure washing a car too close will destroy the paint / finish

What about the 2 holes under rear emblem ? Did u just 3m tape over them? I’m hesitant about water leaking in but do want to put black emblems on.

also regarding pressure washing I hope you are using a very wide nozzle and keeping the tip far away. Pressure washing a car too close will destroy the paint / finish

Yeah....40° tip is safe for car washing and is used very often when washing cars.

Got them early installed on the rear. The cap is curved just like the chrome emblem.
55D1959B-2253-4EEC-8AC2-3EC604AEBD00.jpeg

I just ordered these from Etsy. Supposed to arrive next week.
I got these too. I like that they're simple and didn't want to deal with some hyperdip. Only thing is the gap between the curve and the "T" is less so there's not much separation there.
I had ordered a set of emblem overlays on ebay and then they didn't fit on the rear. But yeah the emblem on the rear is bigger than the Model 3.

any particular plastic dip ? or any will work ? is there matte / gloss ? Ive never used that before but tempted as I could prob delete alot of chrome with it (if I can figure out how to do it)

btw it looks AWESOME. really nice work.

any particular plastic dip ? or any will work ? is there matte / gloss ? Ive never used that before but tempted as I could prob delete alot of chrome with it (if I can figure out how to do it)

btw it looks AWESOME. really nice work.

Its super easy. In all painting, prep is key for an easy clean up. Its black plasti-dip, sold in Home Depot for like $7.

If you screw up, you can just peel it off (as long as you have enough coats, it'll come off easy)

Reactions: a2t2
I've seen some good videos online for hyperdip -- seems like it was specially made for this purpose. I think their "shadow black" would be the one that most closely matches the trim around the windows and the door handles. Also, hyperdip sells a kit specifically for doing emblems.

Last edited: