Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte finish seat backs now standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did Tesla just remove the glossy seat backs (now matte) in the Tesla Model X? See https://www.tesla.com/modelx and look at the Massive Storage section!
Model X matte seats.png

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
It would be awesome indeed.

Damn. That 5 seater storage space is big! I sure wish they would have had that available from the get go. It's going to be tough not upgrading to that (yeah, yeah, I know, technically a downgrade) and the 100 pack soon. I think I can hold out until I know for sure it's getting the new 2170 cells though. Then again, so many goodies coming so quickly! Gah! :eek::p;)

Reactions: vandacca
I think they did switch to matte. All the other pics are updated to have matte seatbacks too (similar to the model s). Anybody know what it'll be made of? I hope not plastic. A rubberized feeling would be cool. Can anyone with a new model S confirm?

I just placed my X100D order several weeks back. Not sure if they will give me the glossy or matte finish. I like glossy one better. Since I never own one yet. I don't fully understand the nightmare of glossy seats.

I just placed my X100D order several weeks back. Not sure if they will give me the glossy or matte finish. I like glossy one better. Since I never own one yet. I don't fully understand the nightmare of glossy seats.
Think of gloss paint versus matte finish on your walls at home.......matte finish is much more forgiving in revealing imperfections, finger prints, smears, smudges etc. Add black to the equation, and the high maintenance required to keep it clean is further magnified..

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
The 100D 6 seater that I saw at the Dublin SC yesterday had tan seats and the first thing I noticed was that the seat backs were not the glossy backs I'm used to seeing and that I have myself. Instead it was black leather-like with a slight texture to it. Sort of feels like what is on the doors.
You didn't take any pictures by any chance? Very interesting development, I can't wait to see what it looks like. Sounds like it might be an improvement.

My shiny seatbacks on 5 seater have been holding up pretty well, but a vinyl cover would be even better.

I am moving from one house to another, and am simply amazed at how much stuff I can fit into the back, with both the leveling boards removed. Only going to need a moving van for the biggest stuff.

The 100D 6 seater that I saw at the Dublin SC yesterday had tan seats and the first thing I noticed was that the seat backs were not the glossy backs I'm used to seeing and that I have myself. Instead it was black leather-like with a slight texture to it. Sort of feels like what is on the doors.
Wow your so lucky to see that. I'm near the Dublin SC too. Maybe I'll go check it out if I have time.

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures?

Was too excited that I saw that I didn't take pictures. I was telling the wife, I need to find the part number for these things and find out how much these are. I haven't wrapped my glossy ones yet and these would be a good alternative depending on the price.

To clarify the store, this is Dublin, California. I was just there to use the SC so if anyone in the Bay Area near there, it's the pearl white X in the showroom.

• Informative
Reactions: McManX