TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Matte spoiler sprayed with clear coat?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kevincwelch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Anyone spray their matte spoiler with a clearcoat spray? I prefer the look of the gloss.

2. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Local Vendor - Southeast

I believe they can be polished to a gloss. While I've not done this and we are cautious to tape off the satin finish spoiler so we do not. I have seen where someone ran a rotary partially over one and it created a gloss.

This is not an absolute solution. Just what I have seen. Please confirm before moving forward.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Yes, I did mine, and it works very well.

4. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Did you polish it after?

5. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Which spray did you use? Any tips?