Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Load M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just planning ahead for a French road trip down to Perpignan late in August (well hopefully).

I see that the max load limit for a M3P is 375kg. So 4 adults (including 2 biggish blokes) only leaves around 15kg allowance each for luggage. That includes cables, tools etc. Seems quite meagre and similar go the tightest allowance on a plane. It'll be fine for a summer holiday but I can imagine it would be extremely tight say for a skiing trip. Pretty sure my old cars had more allowance than that, but then no huge battery slung underneath.

One to watch out for if you're planning a trip fully loaded

Just planning ahead for a French road trip down to Perpignan late in August (well hopefully).

I see that the max load limit for a M3P is 375kg. So 4 adults (including 2 biggish blokes) only leaves around 15kg allowance each for luggage. That includes cables, tools etc. Seems quite meagre and similar go the tightest allowance on a plane. It'll be fine for a summer holiday but I can imagine it would be extremely tight say for a skiing trip. Pretty sure my old cars had more allowance than that, but then no huge battery slung underneath.

One to watch out for if you're planning a trip fully loaded
I've often wondered about that. 4 grown men in the car with no luggage could easily take you to that limit and beyond.

Yep, its crap, especially with tow hitch and nose weight counting against it too. I hope its higher on the Model Y.

I'm not really sure why. I once did the calcs on tyre load and based upon published weights and limits, I thought it came in very low. iirc at least another 100kg might have been possible.

There's a sticker between the doors on the LHS of the car which indicates 375kg max load. Pretty sure it's luggage and passengers. I was hoping for 425 kg + to cover a range of possibilities but it's well shy of that. Ski trips may be a bridge too far

SR+.png
Decoding the sticker weights on my SR+ tow hitch enabled car signifies max all up weight of 2060kg, including towed trailer 3060 and a front axle weight of 1110 and rear 1257.

None of these weights add up to me as the towing weight of 900kg is apparently 1000kg according to the sticker which is good.

EU rates the unladen weight as 1684kg but another published weight is 1611kg.

I was surprised to note that in the US manual the LR and P are nearly 300kg heavier.

So if I was towing something and got stopped by the authorities, I presume they look at the plates on the car and the trailer (or caravan) and actual weights to ensure they are not being exceeded.

Not the manual which has a lower towing indication? 100 kgs difference is fairly significant