Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Power vs State of Charge and Temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 8.0 on my 60D and have charged 100% twice - once on 10/21

sorry, i forgot this is not a P85/90/100D specific thread.

for all you in the P90D conversation i failed properly testing last night. but still managed to pull 480kw at 90% with 15 min still to go on max battery power with 8.0. i really loath the max battery power ritual so i dont think ill be contributing anymore to that discussion.

Yours is roughly what I saw without max battery at the same-ish SoC on 7.1.

Attachments

• L_92_NoMax_AC.jpg
    L_92_NoMax_AC.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 189

1. Here is my run:
    P100DL Model S
    75% SOC
    Ludicrous ON
    Max battery power ON but still 20 min left of heating

Run Start: Jan 4, 2017, 9:30:00 PM
    Run End: Jan 4, 2017, 9:30:08 PM
    Run Duration: 7.5 seconds
    Run Size: 20 records
    Max Speed: 60 mph
    Max Power: 512 KW
    Start Elevation: 193 ft
    Min Elevation: 193 ft
    Max Elevation: 193 ft
    Elevation Change: 0 ft
    Start Odometer: 986.7 miles
    End Odometer: 986.8 miles
    Distance Covered: 0.1 miles
    0 -> 60 MPH: 3.0 seconds

2. And here are my run specs at 100 soc and max battery power ready. Ludicrous+ OFF. 18 degrees F outside.
  3. Run Duration: 10.2 seconds
    Run Size: 43 records
    Max Speed: 63 mph
    Max Power: 564 KW
    Start Elevation: 203 ft
    Min Elevation: 201 ft
    Max Elevation: 203 ft
    Elevation Change: 2 ft
    Start Odometer: 1012.6 miles
    End Odometer: 1012.6 miles
    Distance Covered: 0.0 miles
    0 -> 63 MPH: 2.8 seconds

Reactions: Mach Schnell!
Just adding a data point for the P85DL without max battery power.
446 kW at 88% SOC.

Thanks. Note that this is less than 1% lower than with Max Battery power on and at full temp. Shows again that Max Battery power on a P85DL did not enable more power; just that it got the battery to an optimum temp quicker.

1. Here is my run:
    P100DL Model S
    75% SOC
    Ludicrous ON
    Max battery power ON but still 20 min left of heating
    Max Power: 512 KW

2. And here are my run specs at 100 soc and max battery power ready. Ludicrous+ OFF. 18 degrees F outside.
  3. Max Power: 564 KW
Looks like that first run at 75% was with a battery well below optimum temp since the power is significantly lower than other reports. The good news is that the 100 SOC run at 564kw is right on the top performance line.

If you get a chance, please make a similar run like #2, then immediately cut Max Power OFF and record data again during a second launch. I would like to see if the power drops immediately to the dotted line shown for other P100D cars.

Thanks

Reactions: Andyw2100
Hi all,

Ran some testing on my P85DL today and yesterday. At 25min to 'ready' and 92% SoC, I get 393kW. At 'ready' and 88% SoC, I get no more than 410kW. Seems something is wrong, as this car should be doing closer to 480kW, at least based upon the logic that the original Insane mode would pull 1300A/416kW and Ludicrous mode should upgrade it to 1500A/480kW.

I used both PowerTools and TeslaLog. Here is one of many TeslaLog plots showing the same thing:

P85DL-88%SoC-maxbattery.PNG

Any thoughts? Should I call the Service Center asap? Seems my Ludicrous mode car is not achieving anything better than before the upgrade!

Hi all,

Ran some testing on my P85DL today and yesterday. At 25min to 'ready' and 92% SoC, I get 393kW. At 'ready' and 88% SoC, I get no more than 410kW.

Any thoughts? Should I call the Service Center asap? Seems my Ludicrous mode car is not achieving anything better than before the upgrade!

Just saw that your are new here. I think you should catch up with the thread here Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

Hi all,

Ran some testing on my P85DL today and yesterday. At 25min to 'ready' and 92% SoC, I get 393kW. At 'ready' and 88% SoC, I get no more than 410kW. Seems something is wrong, as this car should be doing closer to 480kW, at least based upon the logic that the original Insane mode would pull 1300A/416kW and Ludicrous mode should upgrade it to 1500A/480kW.

I used both PowerTools and TeslaLog. Here is one of many TeslaLog plots showing the same thing:

View attachment 210694

Sounds like your L fell off. I'd try it again at 100% SoC and also contact Tesla.

Welcome to the Ludicrous- club

Hi all,

View attachment 210694

A P85DL will not reach 480kW. 450kW will be about the max. As for getting 410kW at 88% with MBR, that is just what you would expect for Insane mode. Are you sure Ludicrous was enabled?

A P85DL will not reach 480kW. 450kW will be about the max. As for getting 410kW at 88% with MBR, that is just what you would expect for Insane mode. Are you sure Ludicrous was enabled?
Well, at least the display offers Ludicrous option and they added the underline to the back of the car! I do feel like the car *was* faster before, ie immediately after the upgrade...

AWDtsla - yep, read through that thread. First time posting but I've read this forum quite a bit. :) wk057 is a champ for figuring all of this stuff out.