Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxton Design Diffuser: Kpeng Improved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a Maxton Design diffuser for my Model 3. The edges fit like utter crap. The outer fins are supposed to wrap around two fins on the underside of the car, but they are not deep enough. This caused a massive gap and for the outer "winglets" to not sit flush with the car.

Well I didn't like the way it looked anyways, so the two outer fins and the "winglets" were loped off with a dremel. Alas, a cleaner and more subtle looking piece. It's held on by many strips of 3M VHB double sided tape as well as 6 self-tapping bumper screws that I had from my BMW.

And Voila! The Kpeng Diffuser.

1221212.png
IMG_20200516_141733.jpg

IMG_20200530_201805.jpg

Thanks Kpeng. The two pics comparing your modified version to the stock one are helpful.

I've got one on order and wondering if it's just as easy to trim the factory Tesla wings on the ends and install the Maxton diffuser over them. I'll probably mock it up once the diffuser arrives and see if it looks too busy for me.

vs

It's possible, but I would rather chop up a cheap aftermarket piece than what's on the car.