Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 20th push back emails

Did you get an email?

• Invited, configured, with delivery date - got email

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help us understand Tesla last mass "push back" emails. Vote your category and if you received an email.
The sporadic case reports are just too hard to interpret.
Thanks,

CJ
I’m in Michigan and I was pushed back from May to July. I’m wondering if being located in Tesla hating Michigan might help explain the sporadic nature of these emails? I can’t help but wonder if others are mostly located in other anti Tesla states.

I’m in Michigan and I was pushed back from May to July. I’m wondering if being located in Tesla hating Michigan might help explain the sporadic nature of these emails? I can’t help but wonder if others are mostly located in other anti Tesla states.

I do sympathize with you. I am in Tesla hating Texas, and we do have to jump through hoops to get our Tesla. The logistic makes it more difficult for Tesla to deliver to our states in a more expedient manner, thus the delay.

Unfortunately, you can only compare your reservation/configuration with those in the subgroup of Tesla hating states rather than the rest of nation.

In Indiana.
Invited 4/6, configured 4/7, black/aero/EAP.
VIN 208XX on 5/10, delivery appointment for 6/5 was set over the phone with my ISA on 5/14.

I have not received an email delaying it further. Hopefully it stays that way!

I am in the same boat as you with delivery date of May 30th. I think you are safe though.
My theory is that the emails are only going to those without VIN.
The delay is only to a subset of those that received July email.

I am in the same boat as you with delivery date of May 30th. I think you are safe though.
My theory is that the emails are only going to those without VIN.
The delay is only to a subset of those that received July email.

Have delivery date of May 30th as well. Hoping it stays that way.

I assume they want to get these deliveries into this quarter. My ISA it is possible it may even move up. Although I am fine for the 30th.

This support the theory that "June" emails are not delay notices.

As noted on the mail thread - these big push backs just make it more interesting/imperative to study the number of people who are Config/NoVin and Vin/NoCar. Is Tesla dramatically pushing up the number of people who have posted $2,500 towards a car but dont have it yet? Hoping you can update the spreadsheet with a chart of number of people in those categories since beginning of year.

As noted on the mail thread - these big push backs just make it more interesting/imperative to study the number of people who are Config/NoVin and Vin/NoCar. Is Tesla dramatically pushing up the number of people who have posted $2,500 towards a car but dont have it yet? Hoping you can update the spreadsheet with a chart of number of people in those categories since beginning of year.

It has been done:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Running Total

Thank you very much for adding to the spreadsheet. Here are some observations and I wonder if others concur:
1) The number of people who were Config/NoCar jumped from 500 (consistently) to over 2,000 from late March to late April. This while production was moving up much more slowly. So, certainly possible that Tesla was/is trying to stack up the deposits to help cash.
2) This strikes me as odd - in the last week, they have delivered 105 cars which was small fraction of the 1,865 people who had configured at that beginning of the week. Bigger, but still small percentage of the 700 people with VINs. Data problem?
3) Deliveries had some big weeks in late April but have really headed back down.