Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I know they don't do that for S or X referrals (self referral).

You can absolutely self refer. It's been that way from the beginning.

You can also have a code added after order - I did it with my first referral in this current cycle. They didn't order through my referral link - but they were able to add it after. Given they had Tesla calling them within hours of ordering offering to add a random code so they could get their free supercharging, they added mine as they had originally intended.

I hope they allow current owners to apply their referral code to their orders.
While I would like that so that I can finally get a Tesla event invite, I'm not sure given the following in the "Limits" section (emphasis mine):
All Model 3 Performance orders placed before August 1, 2018 will be given unlimited Supercharging, no referral required. Solar Roof is not eligible for the extended limited warranty. Limit of 5 referrals per owner. Referral code must be applied at the time of order and cannot be added after the order has been placed.

I used this javascript console code on my status page:
console.table(Tesla.ProductF.Data)
And all my items have a status of "INCOMPLETE".... despite my having confirmed everything in the list and entered my insurance info. Is this a glitch or is this how other people's look like if they haven't received a VIN yet? For reference: P3D+ order, 6/26 order.

Last edited:
I used this javascript console code on my status page:
console.table(Tesla.ProductF.Data)
And all my items have a status of "INCOMPLETE".... despite my having confirmed everything in the list and entered my insurance info. Is this a glitch or is this how other people's look like if they haven't received a VIN yet? For reference: P3D+ order, 6/26 order.

Mine says the same thing. I freaked out when I saw it but I told myself it's probably normal.

Has anyone added FSD after the initial order and seen that the delivery date changes? After thinking about it I went ahead and added it to my original 5/23 order (only change made was switching to blue on 5/24) today. The site now says my delivery window is Oct - Dec. '18. I know for sure yesterday it said Sept-Nov, not 100% sure if it was also today before I made the change.

If so, why would adding FSD (a software switch) push things back? Was I about to get my VIN and I screwed it up?

I'm seeing everyone get their vins and I'm still waiting... :(

AWD (non-P), Blue, Black interior, EAP, and now FSD as well.

Has anyone added FSD after the initial order and seen that the delivery date changes? After thinking about it I went ahead and added it to my original 5/23 order (only change made was switching to blue on 5/24) today. The site now says my delivery window is Oct - Dec. '18. I know for sure yesterday it said Sept-Nov, not 100% sure if it was also today before I made the change.

If so, why would adding FSD (a software switch) push things back? Was I about to get my VIN and I screwed it up?

This happened to me just for a color change...

• Helpful
Reactions: EfficientWatts

I ordered on 20th May (no ETA) and changed color from MCR to OBM & added FSD on 28th June, no ETA. But when they did a system wide update of ETAs, mine started showing up as Sept-Nov. I did speak to an agent before making this change and was told that it might delay my order by a month.

Don't see a single OBM car get a VIN yet :(