Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they’re still batching them all the said factors can only play so much of a role correct? Say they do a bunch of white for example, if they have x amount of orders for white, doesn’t matter if 10 previous owners/line standers picked red, they will fill as many white orders with the batch right? So sometimes previous status will matter and sometimes it won’t. Just a guess.

Yeah, these "who has priority" discussions tend to simplify away the realities of production and delivery logistics, such as the batching that you described. For me at least, these discussions are largely an academic exercise that seeks an understanding of how Tesla is prioritizing deliveries in general, knowing full well that my delivery in particular may or may not fit the pattern.

Reactions: commasign
Non-owner. Camped out overnight to be first in line at the store to place my reservation on March 31, 2016. Invited to configure RWD on Feb 22, 2018. Pulled an all-nighter May 19-20, 2018 refreshing, but was unable to get my AWD order to go through. Invited to configure AWD on May 23, 2018, placed order immediately, and submitted all documentation that day except Payment Method, because financing through Tesla wasn't an option for some reason (only choices were cash and outside financing). Have never had a delivery estimate on my status page. Edit button has always been there. Order agreement didn't show up until July 4, 2018. Went ahead and selected outside financing just to have picked a Payment Method. Today the option to finance with a loan arranged through Tesla showed up, so I switched to that.

My payment method section has changed today with a little breakdown of the amount to pay at delivery. Did anyone else also see this change today?

ETA still says Sept-Nov :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180720-064525.png
    Screenshot_20180720-064525.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 81
Configured Blue AWD 5/20
Changed to P on 6/23 (before the price decrease) so my config is now the P with Performance package.
First time I'm seeing an estimate: Estimated delivery: Aug. '18 - Oct. '18
Line-waiter, non-owner, east coast.

Seems like they just gave everyone who didn't have an estimate the same estimate that they would get if they had ordered today. I'm not sure this means anything, other than that they are aware we didn't have estimates and are doing something about it. Maybe they will update the estimates to reflect that we should get our cars sooner than people that ordered today, or maybe they'll just deliver the cars. I don't feel like I have any more information now than I did when I didn't have an estimate. On the other hand, I do know I'm one day closer to getting my car than I was yesterday, so progress is being made.

Reactions: webdbbt and Bokonon
My payment method section has changed today with a little breakdown of the amount to pay at delivery. Did anyone else also see this change today?

ETA still says Sept-Nov :(
I had this change as well. What I don't understand is that the credit approval is only valid for 30 days, so why would they have us apply if delivery is anticipated to be beyond that 30 day window?

May 30th Order
White, AWD, 19, EAP
Originally Said 12-16 weeks
Now Sept - Nov?!?

Just was able to extend my current lease from Aug 25th to Sept 25th and they said I can have another month if need be...thank goodness.
Going from 12-16 weeks to 16-24 weeks seems insane though!