Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU 2 Issues: Browser and FM-HD Radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many times when I exit the car, I get far enough away that the driver's door closes.
When I return the radio is now on 105.3 FM - a station that I have never selected...

From a recent firmware update (maybe 2 or 3 back) my car almost always reverts to FM radio when I get back into the car. I think it is the last FM station that I listened to, but it is definitely not the Slacker or TuneIn station from when I left the car. I have a theory: I think Tesla may be defaulting the car back to an OTA station that does not use cellular data to save Tesla some money on data costs when the car is "accidentally" left on a data consuming audio source. This forces you to consciously make a choice to start using data services.

Just chiming in. Got my X 100D in June and haven’t seen any issues like this. Had a couple of odd issues when I first got it home like couldn’t connect to WiFi and the “Climate Off” box on the right side of instrument cluster display would get stuck but that was it. Called roadside assistance from home and they had me do a two button salute and full power off for good measure and everything worked fine after that.

Do you happen to have the data “always on” NOT selected?

That is not an option on cars with the new Intel MCU. All of the Energy Savings options have been removed (just white space where they would be on older cars) and the manual says that energy savings has been automated on these newer cars.

IMG_1182.jpg