Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU USB question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The center console hubs sold be third party accessory vendors are purpose built to neatly wedge themselves into the center console area and not move. I have couple USB flash drives plugged into one and use a USB game controller occasionally without any issue.

But I think any generic USB hub works.

I'm not sure if anyone has done extensive testing of various hubs and what works/doesn't. Grab a spare hub you have or buy one for $10 and try it out.

Thanks for the reply. The aftermarket console USB hub I bought from Tesplus does not seem to pass any data. I have tried a different cable going from the Tesplus directly to the MCU USB port with no success. I have also directly connected a know good flash drive directly to the MCU USB port using a USB-A to Mini B adapter and again no success. So I've likely eliminated a bad cable as the fault. Here is what remains to answer:

1 - Is the Tesplus hub faulty?
2 - Is the MCU USB port faulty?
3 - Does the MCU USB port only work attached to this specific type of hub?

Of course all could be true.

If the answer to #3 is no then the MCU port is likely faulty and I won't have to resort to the parts cannon trouble shooting system. I will just have a bigger problem.

The ancient mini hub I found in my USB part stash works fine on the glove box port but not on the MCU port.

Last edited: