Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 performance improvement & browser improvement. Simple trick by Thomas The Tesla Tuner..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to temper my comments above...

While "better than ever" is true, it's still not saying a whole lot...
My comments was not directed to you. I agree with you and cheer Tesla for trying and delivering improvements even to older cars.
I was in disagreement with @rnortman ’s comment that “Tesla breaks things and get praised for fixing them.”

While the ride is a bumpy one, with progresses and step backs, the whole experience is a curve going up, not down or flat.

Reactions: ahkahn
The browser on MCU1 is again usable. Slow but usable.

The browser is actually quite important, as it is the only window of which non Tesla people can add functions to the car give that there isn’t an App Store. I run Waze, Tesla winds and dark sky weather on it. Yes, phone is faster but nothing beats the large screen for mostly one way info consumption.

Reactions: FlatSix911
It's working as intended. The only traffic map data that will displayed now is red for heavy traffic - and since there is no yellow or green displayed we have no way of knowing whether a lack of red means "good traffic" or "no traffic data available"

• Informative
Reactions: Knightowl
The browser has been suddenly unusable for me the past 2 days. Nothing changed, no updates, nothing. I get a white screen now. Turning off live traffic + disabling map rotation + using the whiteboard easter egg does not restore functionality.

The browser has been suddenly unusable for me the past 2 days. Nothing changed, no updates, nothing. I get a white screen now. Turning off live traffic + disabling map rotation + using the whiteboard easter egg does not restore functionality.
Try rebooting the Mcu, sometime the browser get stuck in a state that nothing loads. It is now quite rare but it still happens from time to time.

Reactions: scottf200
Just upgraded to 32.2.1. Performance is slightly snappier after the post-upgrade reboot. I think I read it somewhere that clearing the trip counters may help performance. Can someone confirm that? Both trip A and B have been counting up since delivery. I like having a log of my total efficiency but having two is redundant. Would resetting on improve performance?

Just upgraded to 32.2.1. Performance is slightly snappier after the post-upgrade reboot. I think I read it somewhere that clearing the trip counters may help performance. Can someone confirm that? Both trip A and B have been counting up since delivery. I like having a log of my total efficiency but having two is redundant. Would resetting on improve performance?
I have not reset counter A as I’d like to keep my lifetime stat.
What I did is delete all destinations in the nav history. Long and tedious but it is said to help so too. Not that I saw a radical improvement, probably placebo effect. Just FYI

Tesla logs every individual drive in the trip counter and adds them together to display the total for the trip counter, instead of just keeping a running tally. So an old trip counter can have tens of thousands of trips it has to add together, slowing things.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Tesla logs every individual drive in the trip counter and adds them together to display the total for the trip counter, instead of just keeping a running tally. So an old trip counter can have tens of thousands of trips it has to add together, slowing things.

I did not know that to be the case, which indicates a software correction needed to efficiently calculate the running total. I really like to have my trip A intact to know my lifetime wh/mi.

Reactions: supratachophobia
Regarding trip counters, I had both A and B running since delivery. But the last time I had the car in for service they reset both. I wasn't too happy about that but was told that's standard procedure now. So to keep counters running when in for service ask the service people not to reset them.

Sorry but that is a dick move by the SC, I would be quite upset with them if they did that to me. I am still running on the last release of V8 and have not had performance issues, just another reason to not take v9 on my classic S.