Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mdl S Gained much needed Foot room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or in other words,.. Get rid of the rest! : )

I'm referring to the "Dead Pedal" or "Foot Rest" installed on the drivers left foot well.

If you are under Six feet tall then it probably never bothered you but,. If, like me, you're at Six feet or over the dead pedal just gets in the way. Good News! I found a way to remove the dead pedal! I gained at least an additional sq. foot of foot well space and shaved two pounds off the car. Now, I can fully stretch out both legs, : )

Attachments

• Mdl S Foot well Mod Perf..jpg
    Mdl S Foot well Mod Perf..jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 116
Maybe I'm too short but I like the dead pedal. It also provides you a great point of leverage if you need to squirm in your seat (e.g. to get stuff out of a wallet or adjust your pants.

You could use the carpet for that but then you have a higher risk of dislodging the floormat and launching your X P90DL into a shopping center...

• Funny
Reactions: newtman
Lol, pants too tight? easy to get to pocket with left leg straight than bent, no?

trilson, You've got a P Beaut there!

I know, i know, I saw that. : / So, the accelerator is made of composite, But the brake pedal is formed ,hollow, tube steel, as such makes noise like my ol 56 Chevy! Bearingless brake pedal pivot is sloppy, noisy, I've exposed my hillbilly slight improvement . : )

tomp, yes, pop, foot rest plate off, pop, side kick,floor panel out, pull carpet , careful,,insulation aside, take care to cut wiring harness loose from pedal, remove two nuts, remove plastic pedal, fill, two exposed inserts with foam, add aprox. 1x1' piece of floor carpet to overlay cut outs holes left in carpet from the missing rest plate. reassemble.

Works like a charm!

I know, i know, I saw that. : / So, the accelerator is made of composite, But the brake pedal is formed ,hollow, tube steel, as such makes noise like my ol 56 Chevy! Bearingless brake pedal pivot is sloppy, noisy

I figured it was for the brake pedal rattle, but I wasn't sure. That rattle really bugs me, but couldn't identify exactly what made the sound. Perhaps I'll spend some more time with it.

Ah, I see you know of what I speak. Not to be misunderstood, I want to take time to Thank you all here who invested in Tesla before I, err, We , my wife, n I did. Mdl S 85 10/2014. my first test drive was 2013,..... I've said:

No One manufactures a vehicle better then Tesla!

Coming from a ol mechanics backround, that pedal pivot design is old. So, you're correct that contributes to the rattle and hollow tube steel x-mits , amplifies the sound, esp. if you slip your foot off the brake,.. intentional or not. Now, trying to get to root cause, ie. the pivot, eshh,.. no easy access. But if you could, it would require a shim or two, correct size of course,.grease, and re: The brake arm, I filled the hollow tube ( hollow brake pedal arm with foam, wrap exterior, and apply cork stop where pedal arm comes in contact, i.e, arm hits under dash panel when brake is released.

This design has to go away with Mdl III, I trust.