Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Meet Model 3"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trevor B

Apr 2, 2016
USA
You think Tesla would know who their customers are by now ... but apparently, this is a very hard problem :rolleyes:

I received mail "Meet Model 3":

Starting at $39,490, Model 3 comes standard with Autopilot while offering a variety of interior and drivetrain configurations to match any lifestyle. Go anywhere with a standard range of 250 miles and experience Autopilot — enabling your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically with your active supervision. Start your order today with a $100 order fee.

You think Tesla would know who their customers are by now ... but apparently, this is a very hard problem :rolleyes:

They're approaching 2 years past the point where they should be collecting $ for connectivity but can't figure out how to bill their own existing customers whom they've already previously billed for other stuff to do it.

Teslas internal CRM/IT stuff is hilariously awful.

Yeah, I got that too. I assume we all did. I figured maybe they thought I'd want a second one (well, sure, but I can't afford another). But for me the larger value of the email--and the reason I saved it--is to be a resource if I'm talking to someone who might be interested in buying a Model 3. It's all about the referrals, y'know. ;)

I think they now keep the $100 order fee, whether or not you take delivery.... Not certain of that, however. Anyone know for sure?

The website no longer mentions $2,500, even going through the order process. They may want it, but it only mentions the non-refundable $100 order fee.

Order Fee.PNG

I'd rather have to put the $2,500 down knowing that it's applied to my purchase price, than pay a stinking $100 fee just for the privilege of ordering a Tesla. I wanted to upgrade but I'm not now. Tesla already got our FSD money, which we will most likely never see. I'm still pissed about Elon's promise of a $35k Model 3, which only lasted a few weeks and now we have to pay an additional $100 in a fee, then another $1,000 when the FSD price increases.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc