Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Meet Model X: Exclusive Viewing"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a reservation and I was invited to confirm my order but I have not done so (I want to see the car first). I did not receive an invite and I cannot rsvp, it says only for reservation holders (even though I am one).

-Brent

I have a reservation and I was invited to confirm my order but I have not done so (I want to see the car first). I did not receive an invite and I cannot rsvp, it says only for reservation holders (even though I am one).

-Brent

same. I did find an update email in my junk box:

teslaUpdate.png

- - - Updated - - -

I was invited and confirmed my order 2 weeks back

Has anyone outside of California who has confirmed been invited?

I am in Nor Cal, have confirmed and did get the invite to the 29th event but did not use it since I went to the reveal and also had some quality time with Bonnie's Sig 2. I did not get the invite to the more expanded driving events that others have reported nor the January Update posted above.

I just got an email from someone I know who works for Tesla in the Boston area:

"That Tour is specifically designed for Model X reservation holders who have not yet configured. We will have a separate, exclusive event for those who have already ordered the vehicle. I will reach out with details when they come across the bow!"

"That Tour is specifically designed for Model X reservation holders who have not yet configured. We will have a separate, exclusive event for those who have already ordered the vehicle. I will reach out with details when they come across the bow!"
That makes sense from what I have heard so far. The two persons that mentioned it had reservations but had not ordered/confirmed.

I thought it odd though that those that received the Exclusive viewing invite had already confirmed. I guess it was in hope of calming our nerves. :smile:

"That Tour is specifically designed for Model X reservation holders who have not yet configured. We will have a separate, exclusive event for those who have already ordered the vehicle."
So if Tesla's objective with these events is to give X reservation holders an opportunity to sit in and drive an X, it would be helpful if each event had both a 6-seat and a 7-seat X to experience up close, as I think the seating configuration is a major decision for most people. It won't be enough to have a single 7-seat X at each event and say "The 6-seat configuration is just like this car but without the center seat, so just imagine it". I think you need to try moving between the 2nd and 3rd rows without that center seat in place to really get a feel for what the difference is.

So if Tesla's objective with these events is to give X reservation holders an opportunity to sit in and drive an X, it would be helpful if each event had both a 6-seat and a 7-seat X to experience up close, as I think the seating configuration is a major decision for most people. It won't be enough to have a single 7-seat X at each event and say "The 6-seat configuration is just like this car but without the center seat, so just imagine it". I think you need to try moving between the 2nd and 3rd rows without that center seat in place to really get a feel for what the difference is.

Completely agree

Apparently *A LOT* of Model X reservation holders who have not confirmed yet received the e-mail inviting them to the test drive events in North America. If you've already confirmed your order you will not be able to RSVP. But if you want to get on a waiting list for your local event or be notified specifically about Model X test drives in your area, go to this page:

Thank You for Your Interest in the Meet Model X Tour | Tesla Motors

And fill out the form. I don't think all the slots are booked across US and Canada, so if you are logged into the Tesla web site and have *NOT* confirmed your Model X order yet, you have a shot of being able to confirm a date/time.

It's a different page for the RSVP event (for model X reservation holders who have not confirmed yet). That's here:

Meet Model X | Tesla Motors

Last edited: