Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Members' Political Compass Scores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, one problem with these quizzes is that they tend to be written based around the current hot-button issues in the society that they're written in, and sometimes the questions are even contextual ("the rich are too highly taxed" is one that is very much contextual on the specific jurisdiction and time).

There's some issues where one society thinks they're not even a question one way, where another society thinks they're not even a question the other way... even within English-speaking Western society.

In any case...

chart

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Hmm.
View attachment 364495
Kind of middle-of-the-roader here. No surprise, right?
I must be very, very careful in this commentary since you are our "mild-mannered" Lord V
since your motto is: Si non confectus, non reficiat ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it") we have a conundrum, since your ultimately authoritarian proclivities are indisputable, despite your less than harsh exercise of that authority.
I must note the exists a municipality in which your exercise of authority is absolute over all humans therein.
Thus I suggest that you may well have been placed in an erroneous quadrant.

Of course I concede that teh present global political climate renders all our relative positions slightly questionable because most fo us might favor incarceration for some present holders of high political office. In short:
frangitur oportet reficere ("it is broken, we must fix it")

SO where's the "Blow A Raspberry" emoji?

Last edited by a moderator:
I landed squarely in the green, but I wonder how much of that is because of who I am versus being realistic about the state of everything as it exists today?

There are just too many people to be as conservative as I'd like to be.

There is too much automation to be as conservative as I'd like to be. Is it realistic to go "GET A JOB!!!" when the time comes where there aren't that many jobs?

Right now I'm really in favor of reducing the work week from 40 hours to something like 32 or less to give more people the opportunity to work. Or to better reflect the impact on automation on human productivity.

I'm in favor of more regulation of the roads to improve the ability for roads to do their job in transporting people because there are too many people for the loose regulations that exists today.

These aren't things I'd normally go for, but is simply a response to how thing we really exist.

Instead of acknowledging how things exist other people have chosen to go to war against knowledge itself. Instead of listening to what scientist have to say they are instead they arguing that there is some conspiracy going on.

Where they can't seem to accept that YES, having 7 billion people on the planet all trying to live the same way is going to have a huge impact on the planet.

BTW, here is mine. This is from a couple of years back.

This, interestingly shows Gandhi all the way to the left (where he really belongs).

BTW, isn't it funny how the liberal media tried to say Hillary and Bernie didn't have any ideological differences !

policalcompassevnow.PNG

Reactions: Pezpunk
My mother was one of the foremost calligraphers & scribes of our era. She would recoil in horror at whatever scratchings are atop the graph in post #35. What demented hen wrote those names?

i don't question where it put me on the left-right spectrum but i think i have an authoritarian streak that is not represented in those questions -- i strongly object to most libertarian premises. (also, they seem tuned to hotbutton issues from like 12 years ago, but whatever. :) )

I'm over there with you.

-7.75 economic, -7.28 social.

And I'm a professional capitalist. Who supports execution of traitors. But traitors like Ollie North, so that makes me a left-winger, I guess.

So... there's some aspects not fully captured in that quiz. I turn out to be tempermentally conservative according to personality tests, but I'm too smart and too well-educated to support the *current* right-wingers, because they're science-denying idiots.

Example: I would have supported alcohol prohibition, except it didn't work. So of course I think marjuana prohibition, which also doesn't work, should be ended.

This isn't really a "left-right' or "authoritarian-libertarian" question; it's an "living in reality vs. living in fantasyland" question. And unfortunately, in the US, the right-wing politicians have gone 100% fantasyland proven-to-fail policies.

Likewise, the question of whether some people are naturally born homosexual? Tested by studies. "Yes." Answering "Disagree" to that is just reality denial, whether one likes it or not.

Unfortunately, a bunch of the economic questions are like that too. Is it more important to prevent unemployment than to prevent inflation? Objectively, from an economically-upper-class point of view, yes. High unemployment leads to theft from rich people, attacks on rich people, a generally unsafe environment for rich people, riots, government overthrows, and wars which can hurt rich people. Inflation, eh, it just erodes your total wealth a bit. Whatever. So the well-informed right-wing point of view is to prevent unemployment, but of course the standard short-term-thinker right-wing point of view is to prevent inflation.

That's also why calling the current GOP anything resembling "conservatives" is misleading, IMO, as they're radicals, the antithesis of conservativism. Sure, they're regressive radicals, but that's still not being conservative, that's going backwards.

Obama was actually a really good conservative. (It's just that he didn't run as a conservative.)

• Informative
This quiz is a Joke and I would not be surprised if data collected was to be used to develop new innovative ‘wedge’ issues.

Edit: By that I mean that people are all those things depending on the issue. Putting oneself in anyone category distorts issues and stops dialogue.

I am -5 and -6 at the moment. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cheshire cat