Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Members' Political Compass Scores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after-hours way OT

chart

i don't question where it put me on the left-right spectrum but i think i have an authoritarian streak that is not represented in those questions -- i strongly object to most libertarian premises. (also, they seem tuned to hotbutton issues from like 12 years ago, but whatever. :) )

Reactions: gene and humbaba
after-hours way OT
i don't question where it put me on the left-right spectrum but i think i have an authoritarian streak that is not represented in those questions -- i strongly object to most libertarian premises. (also, they seem tuned to hotbutton issues from like 12 years ago, but whatever. :) )
You should read the definitions too - modern "libertarians" are misnamed. Liberty here essentially means individual social liberty not economic. So, both Glenn Greenwald and Milton Friedman are libertarian. People like Ron Paul et al are actually more authoritarian than many of us - but are more libertarian than the average US politician.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I came out close to Gandhi. I didn't need my clothes anyway...
Does this mean I have to support Factchecking's lefty views?
The problem with questionnaires is that they don't work...
I've found PoliticalCompass to be quite good. But UK center is probably more to the left of US "center". No you don't have to support Factchecking's right wing (actually neoliberal) views. My guess is he will be in the right upper quadrant along with most US politicians like BHO.

ps : BTW, the academics who are behind PoliticalCompass are believed to be from UK.

Here is more about political ideology classification : Political spectrum - Wikipedia

You should read the definitions too - modern "libertarians" are misnamed. Liberty here essentially means individual social liberty not economic. So, both Glenn Greenwald and Milton Friedman are libertarian. People like Ron Paul et al are actually more authoritarian than many of us - but are more libertarian than the average US politician.

EDIT: OT:

I’m not sure actual modern libertarians are misnamed. They generally believe in both social and economic liberty, approaching anarchism. They generally are in favor of opening the borders, gay marriage/legal rights, elimination of recreational drug restrictions, black lives matter(though they view it as overly specific, faulting the police more generally), abortion, etc. All of which are social liberties.

Also, on a side note, I ended up exactly where I expected: slightly to the right libertarian. I found a couple of the questions to be a little flawed, taking a premise as granted that I disagreed with. Feels a little weird getting that result when I voted for Obama in 2008(Johnson in 2012) and Clinton in 2016. Republican Party is just poison right now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Hmm.
View attachment 364495
Kind of middle-of-the-roader here. No surprise, right?
What surprises most of the people who do PoliticalCompass is that a lot of us are in the lower left quadrant - where as most of the politicians (of both parties) are on the right upper quadrant. It doesn't feel like a representative democracy.