Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes Benz B-Class Electric Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You use Frankenplug like it is a bad word. What is the equivalent term for CHAdeMO if you want to downplay the standard?

How about CHOAdeMO?

Seriously, look at that connector. It's hideous!

sn_02.png

Lots of new information coming out on the B Class ED. Inside EVs has had a couple of articles in the past two days, and should have a third detailing the option packages shortly.

First drive video:
Mercedes-Benz B-Class ED First Drive Video, Deliveries Expected In July
(I can't believe they are still using a physical key in this day and age, this alone is a deal breaker for me)

Starting price $41,450:
BREAKING: Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Priced From $41,450 | Inside EVs
(I'm assuming this is before tax credit, since I don't see any references to it being included)

All in all it looks like it could have been a nice vehicle, if not for a few poor decisions on MB's part that set it back a few years. At least it's priced fairly.

The price point is actually not bad, for what it is. If I was looking at a leaf or i3 BEV, this would be a strong competitor.

It's essentially the same price as the i3, but is bigger, seats 5, has more traditional styling, and likely has a small real world range advantage.

It is a pretty big price jump over the leaf, but is better looking, has faster L2 charging, longer range, and most likely much better fit and finish. For many people, driving the premium brand makes a big difference in value as well.

It's just a shame that they skimped on the battery. If this car had the 36 kWh battery that the prototype had , this car really would have been a great choice for the person who wants to drive an EV, needs more than a Leaf, but cannot afford a Model S.

Lots of new information coming out on the B Class ED. Inside EVs has had a couple of articles in the past two days, and should have a third detailing the option packages shortly.

First drive video:
Mercedes-Benz B-Class ED First Drive Video, Deliveries Expected In July
(I can't believe they are still using a physical key in this day and age, this alone is a deal breaker for me)

Starting price $41,450:
BREAKING: Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Priced From $41,450 | Inside EVs
(I'm assuming this is before tax credit, since I don't see any references to it being included)

All in all it looks like it could have been a nice vehicle, if not for a few poor decisions on MB's part that set it back a few years. At least it's priced fairly.

Thanks for the links. That was a great video and kinda made me want one(knowing it has Tesla gear :)) if I had to stay in that dollar range.

Why in the video though does the guy say it has a range of 122 miles, but then in your second link the article says 82?

Again, I'll ask. Does anyone know how to get on a list to purchase? And would it even be possible to do so if not in an initial rollout state (but within driving distance of one)?

Want to know if this is viable to replace my Volt lease in October. Otherwise it's a Leaf for me.

Thanks!

Thanks for the links. That was a great video and kinda made me want one(knowing it has Tesla gear :)) if I had to stay in that dollar range.

Why in the video though does the guy say it has a range of 122 miles, but then in your second link the article says 82?
Different test cycles. The 122 figure may be max charge on LA4 cycle. 82-85 may be the EPA figure which averages the 80% charge mode and max charge mode. RAV4 EV is the same, 103 mile EPA figure is the average of "Standard" and "Extended" charge modes.