TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Merritt Parkway May 19 Update HW2 Still Not Stable

Discussion in 'Model S' started by peeg67, May 21, 2017.

1. peeg67

peeg67 Member

On the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield County Ct, despite the new update, I have to take control (while using autosteer) too often to trust it. Despite repeated "red" warnings of getting too close to guardrails on the left and right and crossing center lanes, it's simply not safe enough. This update hasn't made it any safer. No problems on interstates.

• Informative x 1
  2. PeterHG

PeterHG Member

You're mighty brave to try AP on the Merritt--no room for error!

• Like x 1
  3. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Unfortunate to hear that for AP2. I had a loaner P85D with AP1 and was pretty consistent in lower Fairfield county. I really want to upgrade to Autopilot and hesitant to jump to AP2.

4. kmob07

kmob07 Member

With 17.17 it is now 'functional' on the Taconic and Sawmill Parkways but it definitely loses it every couple of miles or so requiring immediate intervention.

Honestly these NY area Parkways were barely adequate for the horse and buggies they were originally built for... When we get to the point that AP2 is driving these roads, I'll believe in FSD.