Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MG NEW ELECTRIC VEHICLES 7 YEAR WARRANTY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't see anything directly related to warranty on that link...however i did dig in as i did before paying more money for a tesla and less money than some other marks which made it a bargain.... buyer beware and each to their own though....

Toyota have a 5 year 100k miles warranty, Lexus 3 years and 60k. Premium brands have always offered less warranty than cheaper brands.

Dont get me started on toyota warranties lol....Yet another reason that swayed me towards an EV (less moving parts for warranty claims)

Acording to toyota, if the car is 4.5 years old, has done just over 50k miles and drinks 1 litre of oil per 1000 miles (yes I still have their report from the times we took it back for monitoring and it states abnormal oil usage!!) , this is acceptable as is stipulated in the manual (moral of the story here is read the manual??)

I will gloat as to say ive had over 50 cars, some if not most with much higher mileage and never had such issue (other than when the Renault 5 turbo formidably blew the head gasket twice!!)

Rant over...please carry on:rolleyes:

Wife had a 2011 Audi TT 1.8 petrol that drank 1 litre every 200 miles and Audi weren’t interested as it never had a FMD service history.however if you lived in the USA you got a free replacement engine.turns out it was a known batch of incorrectly matched engines with the wrong piston rings.no more Audi’s for me.

Reactions: ringi
Wife had a 2011 Audi TT 1.8 petrol that drank 1 litre every 200 miles and Audi weren’t interested as it never had a FMD service history.however if you lived in the USA you got a free replacement engine.turns out it was a known batch of incorrectly matched engines with the wrong piston rings.no more Audi’s for me.

Did you get it sorted? was it under warranty? if so thats not so bad...in the UK you dont have to have full main dealer history (even though mine had plus more) in order to honour the warranty. I never say never, having said that, the company that had the franchise no longer operates... on the other hand we still have another couple of older same model higher mileage toyotas that the "children" drive and no issues there (thats why I got them for them).... it wasn't a known issue and i wasn't asking for a good will gesture.... I would buy another Toyota, just not a new one at a premium of manufacturers warranty... would buy cheap, second hand with no warranty and take my chances...

To be fair there has always been a disparity between manufactures on Warrenties. Don't kia offer 7 years on all their vehicles while most Japanese and European manufactures are still on 3-4 I think?

As always not everything is at it seems.

Kia are Hyundai's sister company and while Hyundai offer 5 years warranty against Kia's 7 year you need to check the small print. The Kia warranty is no where near as comprehensive with such things as infotainment only being covered for 3 years on the Kia which if your Sat-Nav screen fails will be an expensive visit.

Renault did offer 4 years for a while then stopped but IIRC might have restarted.

Vauxhall did offer lifetime for a while too but I believe this has also stopped.

Toyota are 5 years as above.

Porsche are 2 years with the third year optional, or at least used to be.

Cars will always go wrong but it is how you are treated when they are dealing with it that sorts the 'men from the boys' and why I believe that Lexus always do well in customer satisfaction surveys, Strangely Skoda seem to do well too even against their sister companies, is it a case of reduced expectations I wonder?

THEN you can jump across the pond to the good ole USofA who have even longer warranties than we do on similar cars, I believe the Kia has 10 year warranty in the USA, again I wonder what would happen if everyone boycotted manufacturers until they provided a level playing field.