Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys
Toojays was OK they had some issues trying to seat us and this time round I think there may be quite a few more in attendance all depends what date and time.

Chilies; again we may run into seating issues, do you want to sit together? If so they will need to set up a 20+/- top that means you get to converse with only a few owners once we sit or yell at the person three seats down.

Duffy's has a private room not as close but offers a more intimate location, this was the original place last year only issue there is football season so they may want $$ to rent the room where as before it was based on a head count and the assumption they would make x$ from food and drinks.
If you do want a private room and it cost would you be willing to pay your portion of the cost to rent it?

I went round those new places in the fountains and not many apart from the ones above would be suitable for a large turnout and as that number and date is unknown it is impossible to book a large party.
I will go back this week and check on a few other places, does the eating place have to be a stone’s throw from the chargers? Can we all meet and cheer when we cut the ribbon then walk or drive to a place in the fountains to eat?

That said first thing I need a head count of how many plan to be there, as the date is still unknown this may be a issue for some to commit. The only other option I see is to wait till we have a definitive completion or switch on date.

I don't know if it is possible to request the chargers go live (once work has finished) at a pre determined weekend date and time, maybe someone with more insight into the city of Plantation can offer some advice.

I would like some TV coverage but again this needs to be coordinated with the city as to when the chargers go live.

Larry I don't know how much juice you have with the City of Plantation but I would assume they would like some media exposure who were you in contact with.
Anyone who can help me with the city please PM me your info.

Last thought If they plan to go live on a weekday would a weekday early evening work?

Can someone attach an excel worksheet to this or a new post with:
Where
Weekday Y/N
Pay for a private room Y/N

And any other information you feel is relevant to make this historic occasion an Epic one

Last edited:
I spoke to Larry who set me straight on the concept on a new SC opening and how it is now celebrated.
I was under the impression that the party was on the day and hour the chargers went live this is not the case anymore (although I think it would be very cool if it could all timed out that way).

So the idea is just to have a celebratory event after the chargers are live, this takes the pressure of trying to make the latter happen on the day on the hour.

We hope....HOPE they will be operational in about 7 weeks but obviously that is a guess with no hard information, anyone with inside info please PM me to discuss as I would like this to happen the first weekend after the charges are live and I need to book the final eating place ASAP.

I still feel a private room will work better than a long table in a busy restaurant, so I would like to push towards that idea, but as I pointed out it is football season and we may have to pay a small fee to rent a private room on a Saturday or Sunday (Duffy's is at the top of the list but of course I am open to any other suggestions).

I sincerely hope that if the masses agree to this idea there will not be any pushback if we ask for a small donation.

The meets are always fun and this one should be the biggest turnout thus far so c'mon lets here some feedback and ideas

Last edited:
Out at the site right now. Just spoke with the foreman, should be done before the end of the month...weather permitting and pending inspections. They'll have the wiring done by the end of today. Sorry, my pictures won't upload. Too large?

Attachments

• 20150911_102545.jpg
    20150911_102545.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
  • 20150911_102721.jpg
    20150911_102721.jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Out at the site right now. Just spoke with the foreman, should be done before the end of the month...weather permitting and pending inspections. They'll have the wiring done by the end of today. Sorry, my pictures won't upload. To large?

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the information.

If you email the photo to me at [email protected] I'll see what I can do to post it.

Larry

Here are Kenny's photos:

Plantation Supercharger 1.jpg

Plantation Supercharger 2.jpg

Plantation Supercharger 3.jpg

Plantation Supercharger 4.jpg

Last edited: