Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin CC2, Vredestien Quatrac Pro, or Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided I'm going stick it out with oem until after summer and in the fall most likely upgrade to the Wildpeaks. Heard a lot of good things about them and I would like to have an A/T on the car.

Also a lot of subaru/ toyota owners run them and say how good they are in the snow. Range hit doesn't seem too bad honestly and the increase in road noise shouldn't bother me too much.

Reactions: Noflash
I replaced the OEM Conti's with CC2's after 3,000 miles and now have 3,000 miles on the CC2's - they are much better in every regard except efficiency. The 10% loss that many cite is spot on. I planned to mount the Conti's on another set of rims and run them in the summer but the CC2's are so much better that I am now going to sell the Conti's.

Reactions: jsight and Noflash
I replaced the OEM Conti's with CC2's after 3,000 miles and now have 3,000 miles on the CC2's - they are much better in every regard except efficiency. The 10% loss that many cite is spot on. I planned to mount the Conti's on another set of rims and run them in the summer but the CC2's are so much better that I am now going to sell the Conti's.
How's the road noise?

Reactions: jsight
How's the road noise?
It's interesting. From what I had read from others I was expecting it to be noticeably noisier but I don't notice much of a difference. I'm in Wisconsin and our roads are rough from a lot of frost heave and concrete is usually grooved to increase winter traction so it is noisier to begin with. I suspect if I was driving on smooth pavement I might notice it more. The CC2's are less "boomy" when going over road imperfections and ride comfort is slightly improved.

• Helpful
Reactions: Noflash
My car is just over a year old (YLR 19"), and I've had the original set for the first 5 months then CC2 for the rest of the period.

After changing to CC2, I immediately preferred CC2's ride over the Conti, and I was expecting worse based on other reviews. As "Electromotive" says, feels less boomy, feels little more muted.

I also experimented with different pressures but decided that the difference is too small to risk faster treadwear so I tend to aim for 42psi.

I guess I'll find out soon when I switch over back to Conti, but my plan is to permanently use all weather tires moving forward. So far, I'm satisfied with CC2, although during the winter, I do find it somewhat less capable than X-Ice which is what I'm used to.

Last edited:
After coming through a New England winter, I have some follow-up numbers for the
Vredestien Quatrac Pro.

Compared to lifetime efficiency, pre-changeover, I have taken less than a 5% hit. Having said this, the V Pro’s have not lived through the entire spring or a summer. In the past month or so, I have seen a marked improvement already as things warm up. I suspect the 5% will continue to drop. In fact, my early numbers in the fall, showed no loss at all.

Further, the winter traction was a huge improvement. Really, no contest with OEM Conti’s. I had none of the fishtail felt with OEM.

As for comfort, I’m not sure there is any improvement. Though it is hard to say, as I have been running the V Pro’s now for 7 months or so and my memory of the Cont’s is fading. In the end, the MY has pretty awful suspension. Tires alone will not change this. Yes, yes…in my humble opinion.

Overall, I have been happy with this choice. Hope this helps those looking for something new.

Thank you for update. 10% is more than I would be willing to sacrifice given long summer trips to cabin where current OEM contis get me there and back with about 10-15% battery to spare
I'm in the same situation as you. I have to do 245miles trip every weekend. During the non-winter weather, I have no problem getting back home, but during the winter, I need to charge a bit on SCs.

Looking at my TesalFi "Battery Degradation Report", I can estimate CC2's range loss, and it's around 2.9-3%. And overall loss is around 5%-5.5%. So I must have lost around 2.5% on the battery alone.

Again, probably not the right tool to gauge my battery condition, but I did try to compare the same month to month to remove any potential weather variables.

EDIT : I'm closing on 34k miles now, over 13 months.

After coming through a New England winter, I have some follow-up numbers for the
Vredestien Quatrac Pro.

Compared to lifetime efficiency, pre-changeover, I have taken less than a 5% hit. Having said this, the V Pro’s have not lived through the entire spring or a summer. In the past month or so, I have seen a marked improvement already as things warm up. I suspect the 5% will continue to drop. In fact, my early numbers in the fall, showed no loss at all.

Further, the winter traction was a huge improvement. Really, no contest with OEM Conti’s. I had none of the fishtail felt with OEM.

As for comfort, I’m not sure there is any improvement. Though it is hard to say, as I have been running the V Pro’s now for 7 months or so and my memory of the Cont’s is fading. In the end, the MY has pretty awful suspension. Tires alone will not change this. Yes, yes…in my humble opinion.

Overall, I have been happy with this choice. Hope this helps those looking for something new.
Interesting since the video review linked earlier and associated link: Results Table 2022 Tyre Reviews All Season Tyre Test - Tyre Reviews and Tests
Show the Vredstein has the worst rolling resistance (10th place out of 10 with 9.4kg / t) and the Michelin CC2 is better (3rd place with 7.9kg / t). I was leaning strongly towards replacing my CrossClimate SUV 255-45-20's with the Vredstein until I read this.

I decided I'm going stick it out with oem until after summer and in the fall most likely upgrade to the Wildpeaks. Heard a lot of good things about them and I would like to have an A/T on the car.

Also a lot of subaru/ toyota owners run them and say how good they are in the snow. Range hit doesn't seem too bad honestly and the increase in road noise shouldn't bother me too much.
@kadenm did you get the wildpeaks? I really want those on 18" wheels for added sidewall, look and performance, but I'm worried about the efficiency loss and potential loss of the "sporty" feel I get from my 19" contis

CC2 are very noisy and traction rating is not so good in dry
I believe they are noisy when temp are cold or moisture present. My M4 squealed like a pig running a race when moisture was present. But did its job. Would I pay extra for the stopping power? Ues. It’s either CC pass & rotors . Or nothing but steel’s. Can’t mix and match as other do, all you end up is eating the the rotors instead.

I believe they are noisy when temp are cold or moisture present. My M4 squealed like a pig running a race when moisture was present. But did its job. Would I pay extra for the stopping power? Ues. It’s either CC pass & rotors . Or nothing but steel’s. Can’t mix and match as other do, all you end up is eating the the rotors instead.
1699589317240.png

Reactions: chdlmc
I'm all in on the Nokian WRG4. Survives harsh Canadian roads, great in snow, awesome.in rain, perfect for summer..all weather rating so they have 3 peak rating. I did 255/50r19 and it's zero rubbing on stock Gemini. I cant say what a great difference compared to contis. I used to rock BFG AT3 on my old Honda Element, and these Nokian eat those AT tires for lunch. Plus they have low rolling resistance rating, and stronger sidewall, great warranty. You'll never look back..