Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bump.

So it's been a month since I had the PS3's installed. They are still awesome. Couple things I've noticed. Definitely better than the Primacy touring tires. Much better traction, but still get the squeak when I put the pedal to the metal. However hugs the road tightly.

However have seen a bump in the energy use by about 15-20 Wh/mi; No biggie, as I mostly drive the car around town, but good for someone who's taking long trips to know to better plan their charging needs.

Will try the Hankook Ventus V12s once I burn through this set; If performance is comparable, will switch over to the Hankooks, which are around $500 out the door for a set of 4 versus about $1000 for the PS3s; Double the tires for 1/2 the price.

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
I just tried the newest version of the ps3 that was developed for Tesla. It’s a similar tread pattern but with foam inside. Similar performance, plus much less road noise. If you live in an area where it doesn’t snow or have a set of snow tires for winter I highly recommend these.

I just tried the newest version of the ps3 that was developed for Tesla. It’s a similar tread pattern but with foam inside. Similar performance, plus much less road noise. If you live in an area where it doesn’t snow or have a set of snow tires for winter I highly recommend these.
Nice good to hear. What did you have before the PS3s? Also did you consider PS4s—those I hear are getting rave reviews from everyone non-tesla. I’m itching to get out of my primacys with 95% tread life left. The seller I bought from put them on.