Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on Uberturbines- 265/35 & 275/35R21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered Michelin Pilot A/S 4s for my MYP (which I don't have a VIN for yet...) at 265/40/21 and 295/40/21 from Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire respectively. I'm taking a bit of a gamble on the backs at 295/40 but there was literally nothing else out there so why not. My concern is that the backs might rub with a heavy load in the trunk as others have hinted at. My other driver is a truck so I'm not really going to be doing too much heavy loading on the MYP, and the extra rubber should help against the garbage Seattle streets.
Glad you found some, sounds like all sizes are in short reply. Let us know how the rear 295/40s go, anxious to hear. @Canyonero when are your Contis getting fitted?

I just ordered Michelin Pilot A/S 4s for my MYP (which I don't have a VIN for yet...) at 265/40/21 and 295/40/21 from Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire respectively. I'm taking a bit of a gamble on the backs at 295/40 but there was literally nothing else out there so why not. My concern is that the backs might rub with a heavy load in the trunk as others have hinted at. My other driver is a truck so I'm not really going to be doing too much heavy loading on the MYP, and the extra rubber should help against the garbage Seattle streets.
Good luck! Please post pics of the instal when available...

I can’t remember who all needs to return the incorrect size Michelin AS4s to Walmart (@Canyonero @MrJulian ?) but I was finally successful on my fourth trip to the store today. Customer Service summoned an OGP who walked me back to the tire center. No combination of established return workflows worked, it just kept saying item not found. Eventually they just initiated an override, manually scanned the two incorrect tires, overwrote the current price (cheaper) with the price I paid online and sent the credit amount to my credit card. It cost me eight hours of my life and $4 in sales tax difference, they just said sorry. What a cluster.

214A677C-17C3-4CAE-9B4B-3A4D2BEE500C.jpeg
Got my Contis installed today. The car is new to me and so are the tires so I can’t really do a ride comparison or anything. I will say the look incredible. I’m sure they’ll perform well, too. Now I’ve got to sell my OEM shoes.

View attachment 740297Got my Contis installed today. The car is new to me and so are the tires so I can’t really do a ride comparison or anything. I will say the look incredible. I’m sure they’ll perform well, too. Now I’ve got to sell my OEM shoes.
Looks 🔥, can't wait to install that same size in the AS4s on mine. Did you ask Discount Tire if they'd buy your OEM Pirellis?

Reactions: torifile
View attachment 740694View attachment 740695I've seen a couple posts in a MY group on FB where MYPs are coming with Michelin pilot sport all seasons. If this is a case I'll be so annoyed / happy for future owners. May possibly explain the shortage.🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone one else see this anywhere else? Future owners may want to keep a look out..
What the?! That would be very weird to change without mentioning it during the ordering process. I guess that’d be great news and I’ll just sit on the set I bought until it’s time to replace, even though I prefer the wider widths we purchased.
Sent a message to my SA to see if they can offer any insight.

Reactions: SweetLou126
I'd be curious if they put acoustic foam in it, or if they just used off the shelf tires. I'm pretty sure the rolling resistance/weight/noise of the tires are different than the OE tire. (Not that I actually care, I just meant from published figures/expectations regarding range, noise, etc)

Last edited:
I'd be curious if they put acoustic foam in it, or if they just used off the shelf tires. I'm pretty sure the rolling resistance/weight/noise of the tires are different than the OE tire. (Not that I actually care, I just meant from published figures/expectations regarding range, noise, etc)
I’ve had them with foam and actually prefer without. If the foam isn’t perfectly aligned you can end up with a nearly unfixable vibration at higher speeds. Had 3 different balances and could ever get rid of it until I switched to non foam tires. Really don’t notice any noise difference either in my model x

Foam has nothing to do with the rolling resistance and weight is negligible. Tesla put the foam to reduce the noise.

My MYP was delivered on Friday with the PZero's and 30 day premium - Nov. Build. The AS4's would have been nice but I have a set on order. I might just pick up some rims for the PZeros - swap them during the summer as a second set. This seems to be timed with the last price increases.

Foam has nothing to do with the rolling resistance and weight is negligible. Tesla put the foam to reduce the noise.
I'm not an idiot, I know what the foam is for. Tyre Review on YouTube already showed that the PS4AS is noisier than tires like DWS. And it was shown that both these tires had more rolling resistance than some other tires.

I was saying that the PS4 is already a noisy tire subjectively, so I was curious if Tesla added foam to it, or just used an off the shelf tire, because it would change the perception of the car if people were expecting/comparing to the car's behavior with the OE tire. Many people already mentioned that swapping out the OE tire resulted in a 5-10% loss in range, so that's why i mentioned the weight and rolling resistance.

But like I said, I personally don't care, since I would've swapped out the OE tire for either the DWS or PSAS4 anyways, but others may care.

I'm not an idiot, I know what the foam is for. Tyre Review on YouTube already showed that the PS4AS is noisier than tires like DWS. And it was shown that both these tires had more rolling resistance than some other tires.

I was saying that the PS4 is already a noisy tire subjectively, so I was curious if Tesla added foam to it, or just used an off the shelf tire, because it would change the perception of the car if people were expecting/comparing to the car's behavior with the OE tire. Many people already mentioned that swapping out the OE tire resulted in a 5-10% loss in range, so that's why i mentioned the weight and rolling resistance.

But like I said, I personally don't care, since I would've swapped out the OE tire for either the DWS or PSAS4 anyways, but others may care.
I think the range loss is more from people stuffing wider tires onto the wheels.