Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Fellow Members,

@cwick78 is planning to organize an EV event in Mid-Michigan area. Please see the link below if you are interested.

Any Tesla owners in the Mid-Michigan/Thumb area?

Want to show off your car?

We're trying to assemble a "Green" event in the thumb of Michigan, highlighting eco-friendly products and practices, and I'd love to get a Tesla in front of the people out here.

Park it, let people admire it, let other people criticize it, bash their criticisms into the ground with facts. Sound fun?

This would be the weekend of July 21; alternatively, we're having a car show the weekend prior, if that would work better?

Any takers?

Anybody in Ann Arbor / Brighton area have a HPWC to share with fellow Model S owner?

I'm taking a trip from Columbus OH to Grand Rapids / Big Rapids area to visit family. Heading up July 4 or 5 and back home on July 7. If any fellow Model S owners have a high power wall connector they would let me use for 2 hours, I would be forever grateful! The thought of sitting at a J-1772 for 5 hours to get 120 miles of charge makes me dread the trip. I will pay $10 for the electric, I'm not expecting something for nothing. If anyone is interested in helping out a former Michigander, please message me. Thank you for considering it.

Tesla Superchargers at CBL Malls

CBL malls just announced that they will partner with Tesla to install superchargers at their malls nationwide. See the links below for the release. It doesn't mention Michigan location, however CBL has locations in Michigan and exactly at the same places where Tesla has announced Superchargers. Coincidence... I don't think so. We may very well have our first break on SC locations in Michigan. Most of these locations are to be in working order by Fall 2013, so combining everything these locations seem high probability. I haven't been to any locations, please head over to supercharger thread for further discussion.

Michigan Supercharger Locations - Page 2

Tesla Supercharging Stations at CBL Malls - WSJ.com
Tesla Supercharging Stations at CBL Malls | Business Wire
CBL : Malls & Lifestyle Centers

CBL Malls in Michigan
(1) Fashion Square Mall, Saginaw, MI
(2) The Lakes Mall, Muskegeon, MI
(3) Meridian Mall, Lansing, MI
(4) Midland Mall, Midland, MI (most likely it will be at Saginaw, however locations too close to be sure)

If Tesla follows the same strategy for next batch of SCs, then they may partner with similar business. Rouse properties is one such mall operator, and to my surprise has few properties in Michigan which exists at speculated SC locations.

Our Locations | Rouse Properties | We See Opportunity

Rouse Malls in Michigan
(1) Grand Traverse Mall, Traverse City, MI
(2) Lansing Mall, Lansing, MI (Not sure now, which mall will be selected. Lansing Vs Meridian)
(3) Westwood Mall, Jackson, MI

Last edited:
New owner(s) in Holland

I just joined the forum while waiting for delivery of my Model S this afternoon. I have a little extra time to kill as the truck is delivering two Model S's to Holland today and the other guy will get his first. Not bad for a town our size, but we do have two dozen public charging stations, so we are EV friendly.

With the supercharger opening today in Normal IL, I may have to take a drive to St. Louis this weekend; just because I can.

lp-PUREAIR.gif

I just joined the forum while waiting for delivery of my Model S this afternoon. I have a little extra time to kill as the truck is delivering two Model S's to Holland today and the other guy will get his first. Not bad for a town our size, but we do have two dozen public charging stations, so we are EV friendly.

With the supercharger opening today in Normal IL, I may have to take a drive to St. Louis this weekend; just because I can.

View attachment 24451

Welcome! What configuration did you go with?

MW, I can't help for the east-side, but if you need a faster charge prior to your return trip, I have a HPWC in Holland you would be welcome to use.

- - - Updated - - -

85 KWH, Tech package, Pano, Air suspension, Sound, Grey leather & paint.

MW, I can't help for the east-side, but if you need a faster charge prior to your return trip, I have a HPWC in Holland you would be welcome to use.

- - - Updated - - -

85 KWH, Tech package, Pano, Air suspension, Sound, Grey leather & paint.

We're going with that configuation for my wife when her lease is up. What interior did you go with? Obeche gloss?

Congratulations. Well once you get the car you wont be spending much time on the forum for a couple of days. You will be just looking for excuses to drive the car.

@ Phoster

A very warm welcome and pleasure to have you on Michigan Tesla Owners. Feel free to check out our FB page (wmgill runs it), We have a TMC page and this thread, all links below in the signature. Stay tuned for an event soon. Great to know that there will be 2 more Model S in MI. If you know the other person in Holland then please tell him about us as well. Please post pics of your Model S soon. All the best for the delivery. I though do not have one yet, a reservation holder only. I liked your license plate.

Phoster, I will be pretty much set until I get to Ann Arbor which is 1/2 way for me. Thanks for the offer tho. I think you'll like the Obeche Matte. I have the Pearl Whilte, with black leather and the Matte Obeche has a grey look so it goes really well. I bet it will look great with the grey leather. Enjoy! If you're ever passing through Columbus OH I have a 40amp available.

Midwest Tesla Owners Meetup

Hi All,

Indiana Tesla Owners are planning a daytrip and meetup at Normal SCs. Please head over to the thread below to stay uptodate about the event planning. The hosts are now contacting people in Cincinnati, OH. St. Louis owners are planning a trip on July, 20 and are also in touch with Indiana owners. If people from various chapters can join then that would be a truly wonderful opportunity to interact with owners in the region. It would be difficult for SE Michigan owners to go (380 miles), though I know there are some brave souls here. May be folks in West Michigan can go, still over 250 miles, so will need a top off midway.

Indianapolis to Normal lunch trip

Event - Midwest Tesla Owners Meetup @ Norrmal SC Station
When - A weekend in July
Where - Maggie Miley's Irish Pub, Normal, IL (tentative)
Website - Home | Uptown NormalUptown Normal
Maggie Mileys Irish Pub | Uptown NormalUptown Normal
Contact - @ KKlabunde (Indiana), @LizG, @FlasherZ (St. Louis)

Last edited:
Visiting Ann Arbor

I'll be in Ann Arbor for my brother's birthday party on Friday (7/5). Last time I was there it seemed like the best charging option was at the DTE building downtown, one of the few public chargers I've used that cranks out 240 volts. Any quicker options that I've missed? Can't wait until there's a Supercharger between Lafayette and Ann Arbor / Detroit!

@ S-Car-Go

Congratulations and welcome to TMC. Please check out our FB page as well. I am not sure about any other Model S in South Haven. However @ phoster is in Holland and @ wmgill (runs FB page) is in Grand Rapids. Stay tuned for an event soon.

Last edited: