Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is also a new stretch of highway in Regina which wasn’t there before. (Regina bypass)
Hi: I am real curious as to the screenshot showing a L2 charger in Regina on Dewdney and Lewvan. I can't find this on Plugshare. If this exits this would be great for Rider game trip from Saskatoon to Mosaic stadium. Any further info you can provide would be outstanding.

Dave Model 3 in Saskatoon

Tesla has at least applied for a permit for a six-stall Supercharger at

SIMCOE PLAZA 43 SIMCOE PLAZA TERRACE BAY, ONTARIO P0T 2W0, CANADA
They leased the land from from the Township but don't get to do anything with it until at least after 2019-03-15 (see item #5 of the agreement, "Possession Date"). But they shouldn't have any trouble getting started pretty quickly.

Attachments

• Signed Agreement with Tesla (Superchargers).pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 149
They leased the land from from the Township but don't get to do anything with it until at least after 2019-03-15 (see item #5 of the agreement, "Possession Date"). But they shouldn't have any trouble getting started pretty quickly.
Except for the remoteness of the area and the cold temperatures. Do you really think they would start construction before May? It would make sense to do several of the sites along the TransCan at the same time as the crews will likely be coming in from a bit of a distance.

Except for the remoteness of the area and the cold temperatures. Do you really think they would start construction before May? It would make sense to do several of the sites along the TransCan at the same time as the crews will likely be coming in from a bit of a distance.

I wouldn't expect them to complete Terrace Bay until you can actually get there from another Supercharger. This would mean first seeing Sault-Sainte-Marie et Wawa from the East or Thunder Bay from the West.

Obviously, I could be wrong. In the Maritimes I would have expected a Supercharger in Woodstock or Fredericton/Waasis/Lincoln/Oromocto before Aulac.

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
No, I don't expect them to break ground on March 16th just because they "take possession" on the 15th. To me, "Getting started pretty quickly" is within 2-4 months. But that said, I expect most of the installs to proceed more or less in order so that there aren't islands sitting out in the middle of the prairie. If for no other reason than the fact that Tesla has to commission the sites. And to do so they use a Tesla car. If a site is an island, unreachable from the rest of the network it becomes a major hassle to get the car out there for the commissioning and can take an extra 2+ days. Better to just work their way across.

Reactions: MarcoRP
The agreements says it's supposed to be confidential?

"Tesla and Counterparty agree that the terms of this Agreement are confidential information, and both parties agree not to disclose such confidential information to any person or entity..."

This is a lease document drawn up by the township and offered to Tesla. If disclosure is:

"(ii) as required by law."​

seems pointless to have such a clause so specifically worded.

No, you got it backwards. It's a lease agreement drawn up by Tesla and proposed to the Township. I've seen at least 2 others for sites in California that are more or less exactly the same with just some minor particulars changed.

On reflection, the clause might be there to keep the Township from advertising it to promote themselves as a destination. So the Township can publish this lease in the normal public record as they do all other leases, but they can't do things to explicitly draw attention to this one item.

• Informative
Reactions: RiverBrick