Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid range battery available now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone notice that the price of the Performance model has gone down????!! My configuration which I'm supposed to take delivery of in a few days has dropped in price by a whopping $1700!!!! I hope thats not an error because I will be expecting them to adjust my contract at time of delivery to honor this new pricing.

cool, but again it's not where you select the car... You cannot see the full prices side by side.

In addition, since it's not in the places you'd actually touch on your phone it can lead to confusion (even though it's displayed below *after you make a selection.)

I guess I'm not getting what you are saying because it is where you select the car and even when I turn the phone to landscape both prices of estimated after savings and pre-savings price are shown and you can't place the order and go to the next step without seeing the info. In any event both prices are shown before your order.

So the general take on this is that this is a middle-ground battery option, and thus is not the "$35K" car, which itself would have a smaller capacity battery? That would be fine, but it seems unusual that Tesla would add an extra battery option than what we were previously expecting considering their consistent trend of reducing the number of options instead of increasing them. Is this the "$35K" car, and they decided at least for awhile it can't actually be $35K, or are they just doing something weird and unexpected and the $35K version comes later?

This is not the Standard Range battery so I think they are working their way down to the base $35K model (with solid roof, etc) while still trying to maintain the higher margins they need 4th quarter to be profitable. Standard last I heard was due next year.

I guess I'm not getting what you are saying because it is where you select the car and even when I turn the phone to landscape both prices of estimated after savings and pre-savings price are shown and you can't place the order and go to the next step without seeing the info. In any event both prices are shown before your order.
They aren't shown before you select the option, and even so the numbers you're physically selecting with your mouse or your finger are not what you're paying. This confuses people which is why I don't like it.

In my opinion, it should be the opposite. What's in the ovals should be the cash prices and the cost after savings should be shown below with an asterisk. I feel the same way for how Tesla does S/X ordering.

Right, so if I had waited one day more I would have gotten a faster P3D for less money?

join the other thread and find out ;)

Does anyone notice that the price of the Performance model has gone down????!! My configuration which I'm supposed to take delivery of in a few days has dropped in price by a whopping $1700!!!! I hope thats not an error because I will be expecting them to adjust my contract at time of delivery to honor this new pricing.

Where do you see this? Only differences i've noticed is white interior is $500 cheaper.