Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rather than do another pointless repeat youtube video with the same old content, are there any specific questions that you want to know about the midrange?
So far:
1) Definitely feels zippy. Not quite as fast as the LR, but I am in no way dissatisfied with it.
2) On a 50amp circa (14-50), it's charging at 32amp/241v - 30miles/hr charging
3) Quality generally looks good. A bit more wind noise than I expected.

Rather than do another pointless repeat youtube video with the same old content, are there any specific questions that you want to know about the midrange?
So far:
1) Definitely feels zippy. Not quite as fast as the LR, but I am in no way dissatisfied with it.

Happy you got your car and appreciated them data in your post. Can't wait for mine to come in

So far:

The only (polite) request I would have, would be for you to repeat ivan's 0-60 test at 90-100% charge so I could break it down frame by frame again to ascertain how much his test was effected by the depleted battery. You both have 18" wheels according to the spreadsheet, so the 19" sport wheel effect will have to wait for someone else's test (like @Riggy106 ?)

100% charge would be ideal, but we (or at least I personally) wouldn't ask you to charge it that high if you've decided that you will only charge it to full when absolutely necessary on a long trip. 90% would give us a great real world test.

Thanks in advance for your contributions so far whether you decide to do this or not. Just remember the rest of us in your rear view and what it's like! :)

Reactions: V__2
Actually, if your MR with EAP is 50k, the LR version with EAP will be 4k more and will be 54K, not 59k

Am I missing something? I'm seeing a 7k difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181110-185513.jpg
    Screenshot_20181110-185513.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 68
LR AWD != LR RWD, which was available off-menu for a short time after MR's release and still is (possibly) available through existing inventory.
Yes, I was referring to LR RWD. I recently changed from MR to LR RWD calling local tesla store directly. They had a couple LR RWD available and I thought it was more guaranteed to change due to the tax credit situation.

Our home delivery went well today. The car was in good shape, I didn't raise any issues at the time. I've since noticed three small things, but not a huge deal. Driver side B pillar is dirty, and the soft plastic pad that phones sit on is really scratched up. And we didn't get any phone charging cables at all.

The car showed up in the app about half hour after delivery. The cameras finished calibrating after 50 miles. Autopilot features worked well on an 80 mile road trip. Car was delivered with a 150 mile charge.

Road noise is .. Loud. I don't hear any wind or motor noise, it's all from the tires on awful Bay Area pavement. On new pavement the car is extremely quiet. On most pavement it's noisier than my pickup truck, just because of the tires being so close. No surprise.

So, aside from the three minor issues above I'm completely satisfied.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity and DriveMe