Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they state any reason for the delay? Is yours Mid-range as well?
Mine is also Mid Range. they said the car is still being built.

1) 1st appointment was on 12/19 between 6pm-8pm. No VIN.
2) On 12/18, I got a call in the evening saying that the factory is running behind and my car is not ready. The car is still being built and would come off the assembly line on 12/20 and they need to do final checks on it and could deliver on 12/21 at 8am-10am. When I asked about the VIN, I was told that I would get the VIN after the car is manufactured. I asked whether it would speed things up, if I went to fremont to pick up instead of them driving it to my place (25 miles from fremont). So they told me that it would cause delays and the fastest option for me is the home delivery option.
3) I got an email this evening saying that the car is still being built and they moved my appointment from 12/21 to 12/22 at 8am. Still no VIN.

I am travelling on the evening of 22nd, so super stressed out about this. I responded to the email asking them to call me tomorrow.

2) On 12/18, I got a call in the evening saying that the factory is running behind and my car is not ready. The car is still being built and would come off the assembly line on 12/20 and they need to do final checks on it and could deliver on 12/21 at 8am-10am. When I asked about the VIN, I was told that I would get the VIN after the car is manufactured. I asked whether it would speed things up, if I went to fremont to pick up instead of them driving it to my place (25 miles from fremont). So they told me that it would cause delays and the fastest option for me is the home delivery option.
3) I got an email this evening saying that the car is still being built and they moved my appointment from 12/21 to 12/22 at 8am. Still no VIN.

I am travelling on the evening of 22nd, so super stressed out about this. I responded to the email asking them to call me tomorrow.
Oh my! Yes it's definitely frustrating, it's interesting they were initially able to predict when the car's manufacturing would be complete. Anytime I asked they said it won't be possible for them to tell that. But it's still disappointing that it moved again. I wonder what's in store for me tomorrow, the day before the delivery. On top of VIN not being available I'm in Seattle, so not sure how this is gonna pan out.

Oh my! Yes it's definitely frustrating, it's interesting they were initially able to predict when the car's manufacturing would be complete. Anytime I asked they said it won't be possible for them to tell that. But it's still disappointing that it moved again. I wonder what's in store for me tomorrow, the day before the delivery. On top of VIN not being available I'm in Seattle, so not sure how this is gonna pan out.

Got email just now asking me to agree to loan terms (tesla financing) and make the final payment. I am planning to pay the final check when I get the car. I noticed the VIN has popped up !!!!!!!!! That means, I might actually get it on Saturday.

Reactions: Jivas
I was scheduled for delivery for today but, yesterday I received a text from my DA and asked if I would love to take delivery NOW. I responded .."Yes please" . One hour later a very nice lady pulled a perfect MSM MR into my garage. She answered all my questions as I went through my checklist,. I signed 8 pieces of paper and she left about 45 minutes later in an Uber. She did tell me that I was delivery #14 that day ( it was 4pm ) and she had 6 left to squeeze in . They are working hard for sure.

Initial estimate was 12/18 . No VIN until12/16. Final delivery ontimon at 8am on 12/20.

The delivery person looked like 16 yr old...

Lots of cosmetic issues as folks have reported but that's what you get with a company that's rushing...

Very happy with it overall.

Seems like orders placed now won't make it by EOY without a miracle

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity

Call the 800 number. Multiple times if you have to. I found depending on who your DA is things might never get done until you call them and pressure them and find someone willing to actually help. I’ve still yet to hear from my DA once after several attempts. Delays where taken care of by some nice 800 number guy who took over for my DA. I take delivery tonight.