Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Middle row seat broke, with 5+ week replacement wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After moving the second row seat (this is newer folding design seat) to access third row seat, I am unable to lock the seat in place (2 seat side). Now the the seat does not open fully any more. This was only the second time I tried to move the seats that this broke.

Took the car to the service center last week. They said that the whole seat needs to be changed. After three calls to service found out that it would take 5+ weeks to get the replacement seat. Meanwhile, I cannot use the middle row seats.

Any suggestions?

1st world problems like this suck. I would ask for a loaner X too.

I am sure they have one on the showroom floor, let them put yours there for a couple of weeks.

If you dont get an X or S, I would consider parking it in front of the showroom with a nice window shade in the front window with your story on why its there...add a big digital stopwatch that is running showing how long its been waiting for the part. :(

Keep in mind this action will be exploited by the ICE cartel and broadcast by the MSM tomorrow night as the opener for the 6 o'clock news nation-wide. MSM loves pain, sorrow, fear, uncertainty, doubt, sex, war, and politics and supporting their bill payers.

Ever count the car commercials and drug commercials for the 5-7 PM time window? They know where the money comes from.

They'll take care of you - Be firm, be fair, and be gracious when they take care of you. Learn the names of the good service folks and openly comment about how good they are here and to their senior leadership-- it will earn you miles of smiles and lots of support when you really need it. Conversely, NEVER comment here about a bad employee - they could get fired or be at high risk at their next peer review.

Good Luck. I hope not to see you on the news.